Hunting for a Saturn Mod Chip!

I'm looking to mod my Saturn (model 1, 20 pin). It looks like my Saturn is tricky (impossible) to find the correct chip for, but it seems that you can mod a 21 pin chip to work ( http://www.angelfire.com/pa/Raluminat/model1.html ).

I've attached a picture of my ribbon cable, just in case I've mis-identified something. The model number on the back is MK-80000. The power and reset buttons are oval.

If anyone knows where I can find a mod-chip (like the one in the guide linked above), preferably from a US based source, please let me know. It looks like many sources have dried up! :vollkommenauf:

Attachments

• saturn_cable.jpg
    saturn_cable.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 123
We're getting a lot of similar requests for this lately.

I was going to mention checking out the other similar thread, but I noticed you already posted there.

Ya, it seems like I may be out of luck unless some new stock comes in. I'm hoping somebody out there has a spare laying around.

check out http://home.clara.net/robwebb/shop/saturn/saturnhard.htm it says "thier" V2 chip does NOT work with the 20 pin but with the hack you mentioned it just might. i was thinking about getting a chip myself. I have a Saturn or two laying around in the basement. I hope this helps you. BTW: the chips are like 12pounds or 24 bucks plus shipping.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturn Modchip Board V2 (mod chip)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1+ £12.90 each

5+ £10 each

10+ £9 each
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
v2.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Technical support is not available for this item, check the installation guide.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Does NOT work with the 20 pin version of Saturn [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](count the pins on the white ribbon cable connecting the CD drive to the mainboard)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. You need to open your Saturn to check, you can't always be sure just by the style of the plastic case.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For 21 pin Saturns (count the pins on the white ribbon cable connecting the CD drive to the mainboard)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Works with all 32 pin CD Drives [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Works with all 64 pin CD Drives [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Works with at least one version Sanyo CD Drive - [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]check the installation guide.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allows for play of Saturn backups[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For Europe, US, Asian and Japanese Saturn models[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Better quality (in my opinion!) and has a higher compatibility rate than others[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Generates its own clock speed - no need for a 'signal wire' [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Comes with the extra white ribbon cable[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To play imports you'll need the [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Action Replay below[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Click here for an installation guide - UPDATED May 2007!![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Customer comment: "Very easy to install, much better then the one I bought in the states" Shane A., USA[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Customer comment: "Just got 2 64 pin Saturns working thanks to your chips!! Changed to jumper 14 and they work. Did not think 64pins could be done! Thanks again! " Chris R., UK[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Customer comment: "I’ve just installed it! It works great and with no solder experience it was a piece of cake ;-) " Robbert T., The Netherlands[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Back in stock[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW[/FONT]

hot.gif
[/FONT]

64.jpg
64pin version |
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
32.jpg
32pin version
[/FONT]

Thanks very much for the info kcompson, I've placed an order with Rob for one of the chips. ( came out to be about $32 with standard airmail to the east coast usa) They appear quite different from the ones in the 21pin to 20pin conversion guide ( http://www.angelfire.com/pa/Raluminat/model1.html ), so I might just end up trading my 20pin saturn for a 21pin saturn (my friend has one and is willing to trade for mine). Thanks for the help everyone.

Has anyone else here ordered from http://home.clara.net/robwebb/shop/saturn/saturnhard.htm ? What was your experience? I'll post here with mine once it arrives.

Back