I got my music CD settlement check? Did you?

Did anyone else apply for the settlement against the CD music companies?

http://www.MusicCDSettlement.com

If not, too late now.

I got my chunk of the victory in the mail today, for a whopping $13.86 US of course ;)

The accompanying letter read:

February, 2004

Dear "name of my state" Music Purchaser:

As Attorney General for the State of *name of state*, I am pleased to enclose payment for your claim in the settlement of the Compact Disc Minimum Advertised Price Antitrust Litigation. This lawsuit was brought by the Attorneys General of 43 states and threee territories and by counsel for Private Class Plaintiffs on behalf of purchasers of music CDs. In accordance with the terms of the court-approved settlement, payment is being made to music purchasers who filed a valid and timely claim.

Whether you filed your claim online at the settlement web site, www.MusicCDSettlement.com, or by mail, the attached payment represents full payment of you portion of the Settlement. Please note that the attached payment instrument must be cashed by May 20, 2004.

It is a pleasure to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion and to return value to consumers who purchased CDs while the challenged pricing policies were in effect.

*Name of State Attorney General*

Attorney General of *Name of State*

Ha! In a time when the RIAA sues 500 citizens a week, I'm glad to see the tables turned around for a bit, AND when it includes me as a beneficiary!

:bandit :cheers

Just got my check, think I'm going to buy some food or gas for the car or something.

OMFG, you too? :D I was psyched when this $13.86 check came out of nowhere, I'd forgotten all about the settlement website... lol... but it's real neat that you can actually use it for something, and if just a night of dining out or whatever (or in my case, paying bills, *le sigh*) - a few months ago I got a credit on my credit card statement from some "Schwartz Settlement" (no idea what that was) and it was for a whopping 45 cents <_< yeah, like THAT helps with the finance charges :lol:

Back