I won 4 million Euros, Or did I?

I just go this in my Email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are pleased to inform you that as a result of our recent lottery draw held on the 20th of September 2004. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number 27522465896-532 with serial number 652-662 drew lucky numbers 7-14-18-23-31-45, which consequently won in the 2nd category. You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of €4,000,000.00 (Four Million Euros only)

Note that all participants in this lottery program have been selected randomly through a computer ballot system drawn from over 20,000 companies and 30,000,000 individual email addresses from all search engines and websites. This promotional program takes place every year, and is promoted and sponsored by eminent personalities like the Sultan of Brunei, Bill Gates of Microsoft Inc and other corporate organizations. This is to encourage the use of the Internet and computers worldwide.

For security purpose and clarity, we advise that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims have been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claims and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants. We look forward to your active participation in our next year USD50 Million slot.

You are requested to contact our Lottery coordinator by the email below: unionlottointl@netscape.net. This is to assist you with your winnings and subsequent payments immediately. All winnings must be claimed not later than one month after the date of this notice. Please note, in order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, remember to quote your reference number and batch numbers in all correspondence.

Furthermore, should there be any change of address do inform our agent as soon as possible. Congratulations once more and thank you for being part of our promotional program.

NOTE: YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED IF YOU ARE BELOW 18 YEARS OF AGE.

I know this is a scam.

Are they asking for any personal information. I dont see them asking for anything, not even your name. What could they do with your email address? not much, i think everyone has my aol email address, it is old. i just let that thing sit and fill up... its at something like 8000 emails

The scam is that like the 419 scams (Nigerian letters) they'll say there's some fee you must pay before you can claim your prize.

Bait him. I always wanted to do that. Just string him along for a while with a bogus email address and have some fun. I'm sure if you created a Yahoo email address and replied from that he wouldn't know the difference.

Email the guy anyway and see what they require you to do to claim for a laugh, im betting you have to give them your bank account details as thats how they scam people.

Originally posted by link343@Oct 12, 2004 @ 03:02 PM

I saw something like this on a show once where the guy replied to their emails.

[post=120846]Quoted post[/post]​

Email the guy and see you want the 4 million euros in a briefcase :D

Originally posted by Quakester2000@Oct 12, 2004 @ 01:47 PM

Email the guy and see you want the 4 million euros in a briefcase  :D

[post=120854]Quoted post[/post]​

Hehe I did that once. 'I want the money in leather briefcases, unmarked bills' :p

Back