It lives!!!!

Hi all

Well, here I am in London and trying to find my feet. It's been a little harder finding work than I had originally intended, but I'll keep trying :)

We had snow on my first week here, which was fairly exciting as it doesn't snow in Johannesburg. The novelty wore off the following day as I slide all over the place trying to walk around :rolleyes:

Other than that I've been trying to find work (which hasn't been an easy task as none of the employment agencies want to see or talk to me) and catching up with some old friends who I haven't seen in many years.

My lovely girlfriend, Lisa, has had a lot more luck in the job department and is struggling to find time to go to all the interviews - We should find out tomorrow whether she has a job or not.

She also got sick last week, and as a result, I'm sick now... being sick really encourages you to go out and tackle to world... no really... it does :unsure:

Anyway, I'd best get back to trying to find an income. I hope you're all well and I'll pop back from time to time to let you know of any developments.

Karny :medieval:

Good to hear from you, and hope you get settled in.
Walking on city sidewalks when the snow is paked down does suck.

wow, nice to hear from you (i just barely posted if anyone knew anything about when we would be hearing from you again). Hope you get well and get out and find a job soon. its hard to buy nintendo games without a job :lol:

Hey all.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. But here is a quick one (for those that care)...

I'm currently working - doing support for a large research company. It's cool in that I've never worked for a large multinational company before, but it sucks because I'm doing support. I guess I shouldn't complain as it does pay the bills and some local experence can only be a good thing :)

Other than that life is moving along. The gf and I have a little studio flat in West London. It's _really_ tiny, basically has enough room for a double bed and our TV (which isn't very large). My gf treated me to a Crystal Xbox for getting a job and I've been trying to get into GTA and KotOR, but they're not nearly as good as everybody makes them out to be. Otogi is great though!

Skank, I'd love to ICQ with you, but It'll be at least another month until I get internet at home and my work blocks all IM's but MSN.

I'm online on MSN all day (GMT) if anyone wants to chat.

Let me know how you all are doing...

I'm currently working - doing support for a large research company
Great!
My gf treated me to a Crystal Xbox
You lucky bastard! :p
Let me know how you all are doing...
You don't know me, but....I know you. :aaevil:
Nah, you really don't know me, but I'm doing good.
Just signed up for next semester courses, and hopefully I get them if their are enough available seats.

Keep up the good work man.
I'm glad you are applying the ultimate saying that applies to use people looking for work.

"I rather struggle on my feet, then land on my knees"

Back