Japanese Aes & AOF 1 ...

Japanese Aes & AOF 1 ...

Hi people!!

Well I´m happy & sad at the same time, first I couldn´t buy my AES (I have to way, maybe in Xmas ...) but I bought a used Art of Fighting Cart in very good conditions (case, instruction manul, all in good condition) and for a good price (around 30 $, where I live this is a good price for a Neo Geo cart) ... So here is the real question ... I tried this game in a Japanese AES, and when I turned on the AES, instead of reading "Art of Fighting" you only could see the name of the game in japanese (you know, Ryuko no ken, written in with thos japanese characters) and all the in-game text where in japanese, when the cart stickers, the case sticker & the instruction manual where all in english ... so, I can only think 3 things ... all this happen due to the fact of playing the game in a japanese AES or ... maybe I have a Bootleg version (I don´t think so) or maybe someone took this game, and changed the japanese stickers with an american/european one .... Can anyone help me??

Japanese Aes & AOF 1 ...

the neo-geo sets the country and language of the games. ALL games contain both the US and japanese language roms (and blood etc). the system you play them on will determine wether you see english or japanese text. in other words, on a japanese AES, all games will be japanese, no matter if you bought an us or jap cart.. in fact, the "US version" of a game is the very same cart with a different label and english instructions instead.

Japanese Aes & AOF 1 ...

Just as a side note, this does *not* mean that every Neo Geo game can be played in English - some games that were released only in Japan will display in Japanese no matter what system you play them on. However, if a game was released outside Japan, then all versions of the cart will be the same (this could in theory change for newer games, though).

Back