Japanese RPGs and Card Games for PC ?

Hi folks,

I'm fond of Japanese-style RPGs (but not in Japanese, of course) and loved the Magic game where you wander through Shandalar and fight demons with cards.

Do you know any other game like these types for PC ? Card-games like Magic and Jap RPGs like Grandia 2.

Thanks !

Djidjo

There are multiple MTG games for PC, some are half adventure. Battlegrounds for Xbox/PC is an odd realtime MTG but with more direct Planeswalker intervention. There's one older one that I remember tried to operate as much as possible like the real card game. It was good for its time, and I think it was just called Magic the Gathering, with nothing tagged onto the end. Gamefaqs would have more info on all of em. There's MTG Online, but it's retarded because you actually have to BUY (or trade for, once you have some) cards, at which point I'd rather start buying real cards again.

Hmm, PSOv3 is pretty fun for a card game... not out for PC (yet), though. As for generic Japanese-style RPGs, they're pretty much a dime a dozen. Currently I'm playing through Tales of Symphonia.. it's... eh.. alright. If you're only looking for PC games, you might want to check out Septerra Core, and of course FF7 and 8. Oh yeah, and Knights of Xentar, heh.

There's a PC version of Breath of Fire IV. Looks visually the same as running the PSX game on ePSXe, but without the epillectic (sp?) polygon movement that plagues 99% of 3D PSX games. But it ain't that great of a game... I dig the visuals, though.

Back