Just bought a Neogeo AES

Runik

Staff member
I finally put my hands on a used japanese system, with Samurai Spirits, Fatal Fury 2 and 2020 Super Baseball ...

I spent so many money on these games back in the times (mostly on Fatal Fury 2) , it just reminds me the good ol' times :cool:

neobios.gif

And now?

You're tough on me, Des Row ...

Will ... not ... cry ........... bouhooohooo !!!!

Snifff ... you're proud of yourself now ? I cry like a fountain ...

:cheers Nice try, but to be honest I need more than that ;)

I'm quite a good actor no ? :lol:

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata+Mar 31, 2004 @ 04:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MasterAkumaMatata @ Mar 31, 2004 @ 04:55 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Runik@Mar 30, 2004 @ 05:05 PM

I cry like a fountain ...
Let me dry those tears for you :flamethrower:

:) [/b][/quote]

It's always nice to see a helping hand :thumbs-up:

Just got an AES myself.. fully modded w/debug bios, svideo, + stereo out. I had to work late today, but man was I glad to come home and find my package waiting for me. Once I powered it up, I was literally ENVELOPED IN AWESOMENESS. Also picked up Last Blade 2 and Metal Slug X.. once my wallet stops hurtin' I'll have a long list of other titles to get... Samurai Shodowns, some other Metal Slugs, MOTW, Shock Troopers, KOF, Sonic Wings III, Blazing Star... Pro-Gear Spec forever!!

I wish I had an AES; anyone want to make a donation? I'll give whoever gives me one a big hug.

Originally posted by it290@Apr 24, 2004 @ 03:34 AM

Just got an AES myself.. fully modded w/debug bios, svideo, + stereo out. I had to work late today, but man was I glad to come home and find my package waiting for me. Once I powered it up, I was literally ENVELOPED IN AWESOMENESS. Also picked up Last Blade 2 and Metal Slug X.. once my wallet stops hurtin' I'll have a long list of other titles to get... Samurai Shodowns, some other Metal Slugs, MOTW, Shock Troopers, KOF, Sonic Wings III, Blazing Star... Pro-Gear Spec forever!!

Good luck finding Metal Slug 1 ;)

Originally posted by it290@Apr 24, 2004 @ 07:04 PM

Heh heh, I got a Phantom along with it, so it's not as bad as it sounds. ;)

Good for you :)

I was interested in a phantom myself, but now I think I'll rather buy a supergun (same price, but you can play all the jamma games)

Yeah, I figure I might get a consollized setup somewhere down the road; by selling the AES and phantom I could probably pay for it. But this is great for now.. playing the NeoCD-SDL emulator on the Dreamcast just made me feel the need for some real Neo action. Some might call it irrational given that I already have a pretty nice setup for emulation (TV-out + Xarcade), but the real thing is really MUCH better.

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2004-04-24 @ 10:34 AM

[post=102060]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm, excuse my ignorance, but a modded NeoGeo would offer what advantages over a stock machines? Does this bi-pass region protection or something?

I do plan to buy a NeoGeo one of these days, but given their price, it'll be a one-off purchase... so I'll be going for the most 'complete' machine I can get ;)

Hmm, excuse my ignorance, but a modded NeoGeo would offer what advantages over a stock machines? Does this bi-pass region protection or something?

The main thing the debug BIOS allows is switching region and MVS/AES mode. This is useful because some games are censored in the US region, and I think some games have difficulty/gameplay differences depending on region or whether they're in MVS or AES mode. Razoola of Geoshock/CPS2Shock also put together the Universe BIOS which allows that plus cheat codes and a few other convenience features.

Yes, the Neo Geo doesn't have any region protection, but with a modded BIOS you can switch region (for games that don't have a language option), and also change options like turning blood on and off. You can also switch between MVS/AES mode, but many games prevent you from doing that.

Back