just got a PS2, what games should I get?

Disgaea Hour of Darkness

Devil May Cry 3

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

(EDIT) Trimmed it down to five

Disgaea

Metal Slug (all of them)

Virtua Fighter 4

Outrun 2, oh wait, thats for xbox

Sega Ages 2500 series (crappy remakes but you know you still want them)

Originally posted by Borisz@Mon, 2005-05-16 @ 03:54 AM

Disgaea

Metal Slug (all of them)

Virtua Fighter 4

Outrun 2, oh wait, thats for xbox

Sega Ages 2500 series (crappy remakes but you know you still want them)

[post=134073]Quoted post[/post]​

you can play outrun on ps2 from sega classics dvd ;)

(it's pretty cool,my fav out of all the other games on the dvd) :banana

Katamari Damacy is a totally awesome and original game in which you roll a big ball of detritus around, collecting more crud and eventually swallowing up everything. For instance, you might start out collecting paperclips and whatnot, and then eventually move up to cats, and then cars etc.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mon, 2005-05-16 @ 02:40 PM

Katamari Damacy? what's that? I would play disgaea, but isn't it a WAY long rpg? like 60+hrs?

[post=134094]Quoted post[/post]​

Katamari Damacy is a budget title from Namco (only $20 if you are lucky enough to find it) where essentially you just roll stuff up into a ball. And by stuff I mean everything. You start out only being able to pick up little things like pieces of candy, but as you grab more stuff you can start grabbing dogs and little kids, and in the last level eventually skyscrapers; in that level it's possible to roll up the entire city.

Disgaea can take a long time to play it took me 40hrs, and just forget about doing the sidequests. The max level is 9999, you will probably finish the game with your best character at Lv.100--to do the sidequests you need to be at Lv.2500 or something ridiculous like that. But it's ok they aren't necesary to enjoy the game.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Sun, 2005-05-15 @ 03:01 AM

Just got myself a PS2, what games should I get? List any and all you think are worthy titles.

[post=134031]Quoted post[/post]​

Can't go wrong with these:

Ace Combat 4

Ace Combat 5

Altered Beast

Armored Core 2, 3

Capcom VS SNK 1, 2

CastleVania - Lament of Innocence

Crisis Zone

Dead or Alive 2

Guilty Gear X, X2

Marvel VS Capcom 2

Mega Man Collection (When it's released)

Mega Man X7

Mega Man X8

Robotech Battlecry

SDF Macross (J) Import

Shinobi

Tekken 4

Tekken 5

Time Crisis 2, 3

Transformers

Vampire Night

Virtua Fighter 4 - Evolution

Wipe Out Fusion

Zone of The Enders

Zone of The Enders 2

Also for Shoot Em Ups...

Shoot Em Ups

---------------

Capcom Generations - Forgotten Worlds & 194X

Choaniki: Sei Naru Protein Densetsu - (if you're gay)

DoDonpachi Daioujou

Espgaluda

Fantasy Zone

Giga Wing Generations

Gradius III - IV

Gradius V

Gunbird 1 & 2 compilation from Atlus

Gunbird Special Edition

Psikyo Shooting Collection Vol.1 - Strikers 1945 I & II

Psikyo Shooting Collection Vol.2 - Sengoku Ace & Sengoku Blade

Psikyo Shooting Collection Vol.3 - Sol Divide & Dragon Blaze

Psyvariar I

Psyvariar II

R-Type Final

Shikigami no Shiro - Mobile Light Force 2

Shikigami no Shiro 2

Silpheed - The Lost Planet

Star Soldier

Steel Dragon EX - Shienryu compilation (Double Shienryu)

Taito Memories collection - Metal Black

XII Stag

...and then Mushihimesama - Insect Princess is coming out, maybe even Ibara, Ketsui - Kizuna Jigokutachi & Raiden III ...possible Shikigami No Shiro III port...

Choaniki: Sei Naru Protein Densetsu

(Remake of Masaya / NCS's classic shooter from the PC-Engine, Funny Gay game, featuring two naked muscle men Adon and Samson as the main characters, and a bunch of muscle men as bosses.

The player's objective is to guide a legendary glob of protein to holy lands through groups of enemies that are aiming for the protein in order to get the ultimate physique)

I bought this game .

Reason why I bought it: cuz the two guys on the cover told me to...

Do I regret it?

NOWAY..its a shmup!!!!

Seriously How Could You not Get it?

This game goes down in the annals of gaming history as the gayest shooting game ever.

Not many games can take that title. So enjoy.

Then fire up Dead or Alive 2, don't worry you'll be ok.

So yeah.. Go PS2! :)

I swore to never buy a PS2... key word BUY!

Over the last year several PS2s showed up at my house "broken". The kids bought new ones and just gave them to me cause I am always fixing consoles for everyone. Yesterday I took a few a part and built one working one out of the mainboard from one, the controller port and PSU and DVD main board of another, and the DVD tray and laser of another!

So now I have a FREE PS2... YEY! So this list here will come in handy!

Key games on my list:

Sonic Gems

PS collection

Phantasy Star Universe... yeah, I know I have to wait, but I've waited already to even get one, I can wait a little longer for games.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sun, 2005-07-24 @ 08:14 AM

I swore to never buy a PS2... key word BUY!

Over the last year several PS2s showed up at my house "broken". The kids bought new ones and just gave them to me cause I am always fixing consoles for everyone. Yesterday I took a few a part and built one working one out of the mainboard from one, the controller port and PSU and DVD main board of another, and the DVD tray and laser of another!

So now I have a FREE PS2... YEY! So this list here will come in handy!

Key games on my list:

Sonic Gems

PS collection

Phantasy Star Universe... yeah, I know I have to wait, but I've waited already to even get one, I can wait a little longer for games.

[post=137179]Quoted post[/post]​

Hehe, nicely done. It would be interesting to see how that holds up, it would be hilarious if you made a better PS2 than Sony. I'm afraid I'm going to have to piss all over your game list though, Sonic Gems is for Gamecube only--the Playstation 2 version is only planned for Japan right now. Phantasy Star Universe will probably play better on PC,

Phantasy Star Trilogy looks like it is going to be a PS3 game at this rate since SCEA is being mean, and not letting Sega release the individual games seperately like they do in Japan. Before the trilogy can be released in the US, all three games have to come out in Japan, the last one is still TBA. Then we have to wait a long fucking time for them to get translated and what not, I'd guess PST will come out late 2006 at the earliest.

While you're waiting why not try some of the exclusive RPGs:

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Suikoden III

Disgaea

Damn you pisser piss mc piss ant pisser!

Except the Phantasy Star Universe thing... I don't really play anything on PC (I still have my GeForce Ti4200). The only game installed on my computer is Soldier of Fortune so that my roommate can play against my other roommate on the rare occasion that he wants to.

Sucks to here that about Sonic Gems... I'm still selling my Gamecube.

And if they release PS trilogy on PS3 I'm am going to be SO mad!

Back