Kingdom Hearts... Great freakin game!

Shitface

Established Member
When this game first came out long ago, i thought it was dumb as hell and looked stupid. My friends bought it, said it was cool, but i didn't buy into it. It wasn't until my girlfriend just bought it for me, Greatest Hits, that i got to play it first hand. The game freakin rocks! It starts off a tad slow but picks up very good. The various disney worlds/levels are not to long, nor to short, and keep the game fresh and you wanting more. I played it 10 hours straight last night, and i haven't played a game that long in ages, especially with such a busy schedual. It feels good to have a game that has hooked me in. If you have a PS2 and havn't played it, i definently recomend you try it out. Anybody here feel the same? or do ya hate it?

Its not turned base as i originally thought it would have been. You and 2 characters form your party. Its almost like a beat-em-up. You can lock on your target and do various combos or abilities. As you level up, which is a much more more tone down than other rpgs, you gain abilities and one of your stats increases. As you learn magic you can assign different spells to 4 shortcut buttons. This becomes fusterating when you have more than 4 spells though. But i don't think you get any more than 5 or six, so its not that big of a deal. Its has a ton of platformer elements to it also, as you have to jump, swim, swing, and run around different obsitcals. Its a nice blend. Think Zelda on N64 but much faster battleing. It has a great little side game when you travel from world to world. Like a starfox minigame feel to it. You can build your own ship out of blocks (litteraly blocks) that have different abilities and atributes or use preset blueprints and build a default ship. It's very adictive.

I borrowed KH from a friend of mine.

I hated that game....

The battle system was crap (it's so damn tedious to use items and stuff!)

The camera was pitiful. I couldn't stand the camera work at all. UGH! KH left much to be desired...

:agree

Hmm. I agreed with Cloud... odd. Anyway, the camera makes KH unplayable. I was really looking forward to it. My girlfriend got it for Christmas last year (since she likes Disney so much) and I thought we could play it together. I gave up on it a few days later. It wasn't even so much the battles that were difficult as it was the common stuff. Making what should have been easy jumps and finding my way in different locations became a pain in the ass because the camera would shift at the wrong time. Total waste of $50.

well thats where yall went wrong. Spending 50 bucks for a game. My girlfriend payed 12 bucks. So i suppose that kinda helps me look over the camera. I did have a few moments of screaming "STUPID CAMERA!"

Oh yeah, after leveling up a lot, you get a lot more spells, which makes using different ones difficult in the heat of battle. But the game is fairly easy so i only need a couple of spells anyways.

I dumped the game (well, actually slung it across the room) at the boss in the arena because the camera killed me about 20 times. never touched it since.

In the arena? You mean the Hurcules one? Why not just use the lock on camera then. If there is only one opponent, then it helps a lot.

Back