KOF 2003 info -- MOTW Influences!

racketboy

Established Member
from The MagicBox

The Japanese Arcadia magazine has revealed some new info on SNK Playmore's latest arcade fighting game The King of Fighters 2003. The game will feature a new storyline and a new hero team. Three characters are revealed: Terry Bogard, Joe Higashi and The Griffon from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, instead of the old Fatal Fury series.

Attachments

• kof2003.jpg
    kof2003.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 185
  • kof2003.jpg
    kof2003.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 133
yeah I was wondering if we would ever see a change in Terry.

I'd like to see the gap between the KOF and MOTW filled in.

At least in 2002 you see Rock hanging out with Terry

not on DC officially yet anyway.

But never say never.

If SNK thinks there's enough interest, they might give it a go

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct 30, 2003 @ 05:20 PM

Hahaha, that's just your opinion.

I personally doubt it VERY much. Especially considering that SNK has been doing certain things to avoid money losses as much as possible(like the custom PCB used for SVC), and releasing a game for the Sega Dreamcast would be a terrible loss for such a "weak" company.

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Oct 30, 2003 @ 11:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Oct 30, 2003 @ 11:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Oct 30, 2003 @ 05:20 PM

Hahaha, that's just your opinion.

I personally doubt it VERY much. Especially considering that SNK has been doing certain things to avoid money losses as much as possible(like the custom PCB used for SVC), and releasing a game for the Sega Dreamcast would be a terrible loss for such a "weak" company.
[/b][/quote]

then how come they have done so a few times already this year.

Once only a couple months ago.

They won't release it in the US, but Japan has a shot.

King of Fighters 2001 and 2002 released on the Sega Dreamcast were terrible, looked horrible, they didn't even used the ASTs, just terrible ports.

Just the fact that SNK vs Capcom: CHAOS will be only released on PlayStation2 shows that they practically left the Dreamcast.

Hmmm... I would like to see a Cool Cool Toon sequel on PlayStation2... ^^;

Again, SNK cannot afford more multiple platform releases, and, well, PlayStation2 is the best choice if you want to sell a game.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 31, 2003 @ 12:39 AM

King of Fighters 2001 and 2002 released on the Sega Dreamcast were terrible, looked horrible, they didn't even used the ASTs, just terrible ports.

Just the fact that SNK vs Capcom: CHAOS will be only released on PlayStation2 shows that they practically left the Dreamcast.

Hmmm... I would like to see a Cool Cool Toon sequel on PlayStation2... ^^;

you avoided my statement.

I don't care if they were perfect ports.

If SNK thinks they can make money on the DC, they'll go for it.

Everybody knows the DC is a fighters machine.

The same can't be said with the modern consoles -- even the PS2

Originally posted by racketboy@Oct 30, 2003 @ 09:39 PM

If SNK thinks they can make money on the DC, they'll go for it.

Hahaha, sure, but if SNK thinks they can make money on the Pippin, they'll go for it as well.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 31, 2003 @ 02:33 PM

Hahaha, sure, but if SNK thinks they can make money on the Pippin, they'll go for it as well.

I'd like to see that. :lol:

I'm sure better info is around somewhere, but I strongly suspect that SNK/Playmore only exists today because of a push to cut staff and outsource as much development work as possible (cf. Eolith, Noise Factory, Mega Enterprise et. al developing key SNK properties)., and that unless they have a partner willing to put the manpower into a DC port, it probably won't happen. There's also the question of whether or not Sega is still supporting DC publication; for all I know the DC games released in recent months were finished, submitted and approved months in advance.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Oct 30, 2003 @ 10:33 PM

SNK is dead, playmore is a korean-based operation, which exploits old successful francises. Not that it's bad, but it doesn't make sence to say SNK. It's either just Playmore or SNK-Playmore.

And I fully agree it's a waste for Playmore to support DC or XBOX or GC due to mizerable market share of those systems in Japan and Korea. And jp/kr are the trimary target markets for Playmore atm. With a very few hardcore *cough*geeks*cough* collectors it doesn't make sence to bring anti-western products like KOF or MS to minor console systems.

Just out of curiosity - RacketBoy? And everyone who wants KOF 2003 on DC:

Did you actually imported original KOF 2001/2002 for DC? And paid stupid 59$ price for imports? Forgive me my doubts, but for some reasons I think your copy is on a shiny and affordable CD-R media. So don't tell anyone about a "DC market". There is no such thing outside of Asia. And in Asia it's shrinking by the day.

Back