• Rise from your gwave!

Languages poll for my game project

Discussion in 'Saturn Dev' started by SaturnTeam, Jun 24, 2018.

Languages for a new Saturn game?

1. English

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Spanish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Portuguese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. French

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. German

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Japanese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Chinese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Korean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaturnTeam

SaturnTeam New Member

What languages do you think should be included in my future game release (a shooter/shmup game)? Pick as many as you want:

2. mrkotfw

mrkotfw New Member

Do you have a prototype available?

3. SaturnTeam

SaturnTeam New Member

No. It's still in the early stages. Based on my readings of forum posts on various sites, I think English, Spanish, French, and Japanese are the most used languages of Saturn users.

4. antime

antime Extra Hard Mid Boss

Just make it translateable, and worry about actual translations once the thing is nearer completion.

mrkotfw and SaturnTeam like this.
  5. cafe-alpha

cafe-alpha Member

The "C" and "SH2 Assembly" entries are missing in the poll :)

SaturnTeam likes this.
  6. XL2

XL2 Member

Sorry if I sound rude, but your whole project seems to be planned the wrong way around. Start small, just try to get a very basic demo to show us what you can do, then yes we will probably get interested in it. You first announce you will create a Saturn 2, then you create a website with no details, then you announce a game with vague details but ask us what language should be included.
    Just think small, enjoy creating a small game and just have fun doing it instead of trying to do things you might not even have the motivation or ability to do.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    mrkotfw likes this.
  7. SaturnTeam

SaturnTeam New Member

Where is the dislike button?

8. vbt

vbt Staff Member

well don't give up, share you progress and we will help you

mrkotfw, cafe-alpha and SaturnTeam like this.
  9. mrkotfw

mrkotfw New Member

There's nothing to dislike about what XL2 said. We all want you to succeed, but in order to do so, you have to start small. Ask (technical) questions and we'll gladly try to help.

Focus on the (simple) game, and later worry about different languages. Supporting different languages is trivial compared to the rest of the development process.

XL2 likes this.