Link a Wolf???

hello i was watching e3 on tv. nintndo press conference i saw trailer that link turns into a wolf?? i mean like huh?? i never seen that before in other zelda games. This game i was excited about but it kinda got to me where im not gonna purchase this game. Where is the story going??....but i am very well excited of revolution that nintendo will continue its franchise like mario and zelda....ill just wait for the next zelda game for revolution.

Yeah it's too bad, maybe some fanboys that wanted a mature Link were turned off by that, but I don't care. Just ride him and have a fun time doing it. Don't think about it, just go along with what they give you. Maybe they also gained some demographic with werewolf fetishes, who knows. It kind of reminded me of how you could change form in Majora's Mask with the special masks.

I think people should stop complaining and just TRUST NINTENDO. I remember when everyone and their mother bashed Nintendo for making Wind Waker cell shaded and cutsie. Turned out the same people bashing the game months before suddenly became all too busy with their jaws on the floor when the game was released. I think Nintendos new theme song should be "have a little faith in me". And if im wrong, then you shall stone me do death.

hmm..u guys change my mind. I was just like turn off of the trailer when hes a wolf , but Everytime i play nintendo games it always comes through of having a great fun time. The games are worth to keep because of replaybility, not like sony..darn fakes. ill give a shot. thanks

Just to be involved...I had pretty much the same reaction. Cept I read it first before I saw, so I was all "Werewolf?! Interesting..." then when I saw he was just a plain wolf it kinda hit the coolness of it hard. Got used to it though, as I know Ninty do stuff for a reason so the excitment quickly returned. If you end up not liking the wolf parts...enjoy the rest! Gonna be a massive game anyway.

I was reading on IGN (I think, might've been somewhere else) about theories on why Link would change into a wolf... It seems that the sub-title, Twilight Princess, is also the name of a manga series in Japan that is based on the movie Ladyhawk. In Ladyhawk, a man and a woman are in love, but they're under a curse where the lady turns into a hawk during the day and the man turns into a wolf at night. There are several scenes in the footage released that show an elven (read that like human, non-wolf) Link with a hawk flying over him or sitting on his shoulder. It seems likely then that the game will be placing Link and Zelda into that type of situation.

Sounds good to me. :D

Also, if you're not familiar with this excellent movie and want to see it, Wal-Mart usualy has it in the $5.50 DVD bin.

Thanks for the news Vertigo, that sounds quite interesting.

About what Bill Rizer and Berzerker said, yeah people do need some faith one in a while. Too many people are being too hard on games lately, but look how far we've come. 10 years ago, games were nowhere near as realistic as they are now. Take Donkey Kong for instance: a fat Italian carpenter jumping barrels that turned into flames trying to save his girlfriend from a crazy giant ape? Talk about unreasonable/unrealistic games, and that's just one example.

I still play older games, as I'm sure lots of you do, and I surely don't get mad at every single bug, flaw, crappy plot line in all of them, I just play them because they're fun. So in conclusion, just lest ye be judged. I know lots of people had fun playing games 10 years ago no matter how stupid they were. It's all good fun in the end that matters most.

It's always good to hear that people change their minds to give something a chance. :)

Back