Lion Heart (AMIGA) Master Piece **Spoilers!***

Ah, Lion Heart!

The Memories!

I completed Lion Heart back in summer of 1994 (No cheating!) and what a graphic fest that was!

Incredible! It sure looked as if it used a lot more than the basic 64Half-Bright colours the OCS/ECS chipset was capable of.

The rainbow copper effects were amazing, especially the fire stage.

I still have some AMIGA Power / Format Mags with articles quoting that no other console adventure platform game of the time could match Lion Heart, especially in the graphics department.

The game had some of the most stunning looking Heroic Fantasy levels, which I had only read about in novels like Conan, Elrik, Lords of The Rings, Dungeons & Dragons, etc…

The Wastelands, the swamps, the spider infested caves, the forgotten city, the fiery caverns, the gravity defying citadel and especially the last Sorcerer Boss fight, were all some of the coolest and most memorable gaming moments.

The Sorcerer him self, reminded me of Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat, but in a more sinister & evil looking way. The fight it self was quite tough and took a few tries to overcome.

The ending was very epic & dramatic.

I love Valdyn’s expression when the king, approaches in the background to greet & congratulate him on defeating his enemy, but Valdyn is like "Yeah right, get lost! I lost my girl in the struggle, so who cares about you old man?!” leaving him surprised in the great hall!

Then he discovers the secret powers of the talisman and breaks the spell that had petrified his love.

A true masterpiece!

lionheartlavastage15cx.png

end027ep.png

end038cu.png

end049ii.png

Back