Looking for 20/21 pins flat cable header

cafe-alpha

Established Member
I'm looking for header where to plug CD-ROM unit's flat cable (= used in CD-ROM board, Saturn's motherboard, mochips, or ODE) ... does anyone has an idea to get its part number ?
This is for reverse engineering purpose, in order to improve yabause development.

What search parameters did you use? Eg. 21 positions and 1mm pitch gives 21 hits on Mouser. The 21-pin variant of the one you picked has the part number HLW21S-2C7LF, but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere. The Molex 52808-2170 looks pretty nice, and is even available.

What search parameters did you use? Eg. 21 positions and 1mm pitch gives 21 hits on Mouser. The 21-pin variant of the one you picked has the part number HLW21S-2C7LF, but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere. The Molex 52808-2170 looks pretty nice, and is even available.

I don't remember exactly, but I excluded SMD connectors from search (just a personal taste : I find through holes ones easier to solder, and they take a bit less space on the PCB too).
It seems I missed HLW21R-2C7LF : I will give a try with it on next ICs order.
Current connector purchase was just a small amount (two pieces) in order to verify that it was OK with Saturn's flat cable, so it's still time to change connector.

Back