Looking for Modchip Installer to recommend

racketboy

Established Member
I'm looking for some trustworthy individuals that would be interested in installing Sega Saturn modchips for a little extra income.

I had one person that I dealt with, but one person I referred them to said they weren't responding to emails.

So if you would like a little side money installing chips for strangers, let me know!

Thanks!

I've done a couple installs and have been following all the install information that pops up on the boards. I'll put in my application for the job.

racketboy

Established Member
Originally posted by King M@Tue, 2005-06-28 @ 05:25 AM

so uhh, i pm'd you, if you didnt notice already.

[post=135898]Quoted post[/post]​

Hehe yeah -- actually, I just replyed -- I had your PM open in a tab, I just kept forgeting to reply -- sorry 'bout that :)

racketboy, I would have no problem doing Saturn modchips. In fact, I do Xbox modchips in my spare time (which I got a great deal of seeing as I am on Summer Vacation right now), and they are more difficult then Saturn chips (not to say either are difficult). As well, I have installed a saturn modchip before, in the one I just recently sold (by the way, thanks again for informing people). Only thing is, I am in Canada.

Let me know.

Protosstic:

Will you be doing Model 1 Saturn modchip installs as well? The Model 2 install looks relatively easy. The Model 1 install looks pretty tough for us non-experts.

Assuming I can understand exactly what needs to be done to the Modchip to make it one on model 1's, SURE, no problem with that. It's funny, i had sold my model 1 a while ago, just recently got rid of my model 2, and now i may need another model 1 if i have to mod them :)

lordofduct

Established Member
hrmm, how would this be set up??? I mean that is quite a pretty penny to pay to have a saturn shipped to someone to be modded.

But if people are willing to spend the money to ship it, I'll spend the couple minutes needed to mod it.

I am going to test out a model 1 hack mod soon, if it works out good I could do those too.

Also, region and 50/60hz can be done...

XBOX, PS2, PSX... never tried anything else. That don't mean I can't do it, just means I've taken the time to do them. Oh and I guess I should let Racketboy know I am in South Florida/West Palm area, but then I've NEVER seen anyone on SX from my area.

lordofduct@segaxtreme.net

I swear though, people should just sit down and try on there own... modding really isn't that hard when you atleast have the tools. Dang, when I first started years ago my soldering iron was literally a large sewing needle stuck in cork and fire... heh, when I was poor. the memories

Originally posted by lordofduct@Sat, 2005-07-02 @ 03:39 PM

hrmm, how would this be set up??? I mean that is quite a pretty penny to pay to have a saturn shipped to someone to be modded.

But if people are willing to spend the money to ship it, I'll spend the couple minutes needed to mod it.

I am going to test out a model 1 hack mod soon, if it works out good I could do those too.

Also, region and 50/60hz can be done...

lordofduct@segaxtreme.net

[post=136204]Quoted post[/post]​

Seeing as how I live in the high-tech Silicon Valley Bay Area of California, I'm hoping to get lucky and find someone located here who does Saturn mods. Saw a local guy who does PS2 and Xbox mods on craigslist (which I do not need though).

lordofduct

Established Member
I guarantee if you brought a chip and a saturn with you the guy could be able to do it... the mod is very easy.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Mon, 2005-07-04 @ 05:56 AM

I guarantee if you brought a chip and a saturn with you the guy could be able to do it... the mod is very easy.

[post=136268]Quoted post[/post]​

Even on a model 1 Saturn like mine? I'm waiting for a step by step guide to be written for model 1 Saturns. Right now I'm only comfortable with Saturn experts to do the mod on a model 1 unit.

I'd do the mod myself if it was a model 2, even though I've never soldered anything before. No guts no glory, heh.