Looking to buy an Xbox 360 Premium System

Well, I didn't jump on the hysterical Xbox 360 bandwagon, so I'm not surprised to find a dearth of systems. But would anyone happen to know any good websites which sell the premium system, also not at those jacked-up prices? Sure, I could buy a system on Amazon for 800 bucks, but that's how much my new HDTV will cost.... Thanks again, guys!

P.S. -- BTW, how does backward compatibility work on the system? I don't have an internet connection at home, nor do I have XBL. I'm told that you can download the patches on their website, but when I look I can't find a place to download it. Do you need to sign up for something before you can download? Thanks!

Originally posted by tsumake@Mon, 2006-01-09 @ 09:24 PM

how does backward compatibility work on the system? I don't have an internet connection at home, nor do I have XBL. I'm told that you can download the patches on their website, but when I look I can't find a place to download it. Do you need to sign up for something before you can download? Thanks!

[post=143356]Quoted post[/post]​

I read that disks with the emulators or whatever they are might be given away with magazines like PC magazines give away demo disks.

As for finding a 360, try this site:

http://xbox.clambert.org/

It's a live index, it works too. One day I opened it to find circuit city had some in stock, apparently it checked a couple minutes before that. They actually did, although it was semi jacked up, like $650 with 3 games and some other extra shit. Got sold out in like 15 minutes.

The company I work for will soon be listing some Xbox 360 Platinum Ultra Bundle packs on eBay. You get the 360 Platinum system, six games, three extra controllers, a Live points card, a 30-inch LCD TV, and surround sound speakers.

Retail Surplus

Despite low quantities on some cities, states, and/or stores, there should be some stores that have them in stock. A friend of mine in Arkansas has reported they have around 50 at one of the local walmart stores a few days ago. So, call around several different best buy, circuit city, and wal mart stores in a 100 mile radius or so, and you might get lucky.

Backwards compatibility is emulated, but you must have the hard drive add-on. When you buy the newest revision of the xbox non-core system or hard drive, you should get the latest version with the best game support at the time.

Microsoft says those of you who do not have internet access to download new updates to the hard drive can request the latest cd through their website. It's probably free or cheap, if they have it up yet.

Backwards compatibility is emulated, but you must have the hard drive add-on. When you buy the newest revision of the xbox non-core system or hard drive, you should get the latest version with the best game support at the time.

Microsoft says those of you who do not have internet access to download new updates to the hard drive can request the latest cd through their website. It's probably free or cheap, if they have it up yet.

[post=143376]Quoted post[/post]​

My god, you gotta do all that just to get backwards compatibility with an Xbox. lol, no wonder I didnt feel the need to buy one. :D Thats pretty funny.

Back