Love Cowboy Bebop -- need recommendations

racketboy

Established Member
I haven't watched a ton of Anime., but recently got hooked on Cowboy Bebop.

It loved the atmosphere, its balance of story, action, and comedy.

I also appreciated that it didn't have TOO much sex, language, or violence.

So can anybody give me some recommendations of other series' to check out?

I like the half-hour-or-so episode format as well since I have a short attention span :)

Well, Samurai Champloo would be the most obvious choice. It's from the same production team and features a similarly wisecracking hero. It's your classic samurai adventure, but with a modern style. It has a fair amount of violence, but nothing too graphic, and some sexual/adult situations (also not shown graphically). Good animation and a good mix between humor and 'serious' content.

I think you could do worse than checking out Serial Experiments Lain (one of my favorite animes ever -- no humor at all, but a very deep and thought provoking storyline), FLCL (also a favorite, all humor, but a surprisingly touching story of adolescence as well), or Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex (mostly serious, but with some comic elements) as well. The Ninja Scroll TV series may be worth a look also. The storyline and animation in that one aren't superb (still good though), but the character designs are sweet.

I so was gonna say Samurai Champloo!!!!

oh and check out Gantz... really weird and cool.

When it comes to tv series though, I usually don't like much... mostly robots and crap there.

Except Hellsing was cool and X was really good, especially the movie of it.

I'm going to have to check out samurai champloo...

Hellsing is awesome, just really really violent... The manga is better than the anime though (of course that seems to be the case with everything).

Back