Lunar: The Silver Star SegaCD manual scan?

Ok, so I finally decide to play Lunar and now I've got all of this junk that I don't know what it does. I have weapons, armor, nuts, and freakin' sun drops. I really need to know what all these items do.

I've looked for 1 week for manuals, but I can't find any. I don't want a walk-through. I'm actually trying to play the game and enjoy it, and not skip through to say I've beat it. I don't want to read any spoilers or anything.

Does anybody have a good place to download manual scans? I really want the full manual for Lunar1 (SegaCD) so I can get an idea of the storyline, and ofcourse learn about the weapons and magic.

Can anybody help me here? :huh:

I don't have the scans, nor know of any place on the net that has them. I only have about 5 Sega Manual scans, which are the only ones I found on the net (a long time ago). Though my advice is to just test the items to find out what they do. From memory the sun drops replenish your mp (magic points) a little bit, but the silver drop (silvertear?) ...well, silver something, is a really really good mp replenisher. Be sure to save these up for the last bosses, because I didn't find any stores where you could buy these..only found them in treasure chests.

i can get you some scans mate (from the original). where do you want them sent to?

btw

sun drops-fire damage

mint essence-wake characters from sleep

herb-health

jasmine-herb on steroids

holy water-fixes poison

strarlight-mp recover

cloud drops-enemy defense drops

rations-hp recover of entire party (outside of battle)

holy flute-hp recover for party (destroyed after 1 use)

power barrier-absorbs magic attacks

magical light-cancels magic attack

vigor peach-greatly recovers hp of all members

Thanks CrazyGoon, jupiter_jazz_session, and Dyne!

I PMed you Dyne of where you can send it. I've been able to find pages 6-7, 18, and 22-23. From these pages very few items, weapons, and armor have been listed. I hope I can find something that can explain what I have . . . or will get.

Thanks a ton! I'm starting to really get into the game. :)

indeed you did! :)

This is exactly what I've been looking for, and it explains so much. Especially the magic spells! I didn't know what all I was missing! This helps me continue the game a lot easier.

I found that with Lunar, as with many RPGs, the manual only lists basic equipment. Most of the stuff you have to find/buy on your own. But its no big deal, the equipment progression for Lunar is pretty straightforward. Of course you can find some interesting items, but if you really wanted to spoil it I suppose that is what gamefaqs is for.

Anyway, the US manuals, cases and CDs for the Lunar 1 and 2 are awesome. Which at the time was a pleasant surprise, since often US versions of games got crappy manuals/cases compared to their counterparts. Look at Phantasy Star II, the Jap case is a million times better. Working Designs has become more radical in recent times, but back then they were more about really good translations, and the most tampering they did was adding the magic xp cost to saving, which isn't that bad. Of course, it also created some seriously messed up bug that lets you access otherwise unaccessible items... though it was really unstable when I played around with it.

Dyne: I think my inbox should be clean.

Alexvrb: Hi again ;) I'm playing this game without ever even reading a formal review of this game. I'm not even sure of the story line. I wanted to get some idea of what to expect. I find the page with the magic spells most useful. I can easily see what spells are for single enemies or groups, or for myself or my group. It's been really helpful. :)

I think there is a 10MB limit on my mailbox, but it's empty. Have not played Lunar since the holidays and I'm looking forward to picking it up once I get the rest of the manual :)

sorry i need to get back on this. just did a reformat and forgot to backup my scans. work doesnt really permit me to do much when i get home (work-to-sleep) but ill get it to you sometime.

Back