Lunar: The Silver Star

Who knows, who cares... Let me ask, Did any of you buy a "Mirror Shield" for jessica? Was a GREAT sheild from the merbia store =) Wont last long!

OH Hey, One thing... The Mia Bromide in SCD.... I know its supposed to do SOMETHING. But in all my studies I have found it to do nothing on Nash...

I got a question. What was the best lunar game on the sega cd. This question is open to anyone but mysticales, i wanna hear your opinion because you seem to be the lunar expert here.

Personally I think Part 1 is the better of the two.

Although I like them both, there is more of the classic RPG feel in part 1.

Also, there are some things in part 2 that aren't so great. (having to pay for game save sucks major ass!! )

lunar: the silver star (story)

lunar: eternal blue (or lunar 2)

Lunar 1 is an easy rpg that you can beat in a weekend easily, very basic plot, not much to go on it. very classic story, thats what makes the game good.

lunar: eb however has a more complex plot, and is geared to the more hardcore gamers. In my opinion (and most other people's) Lunar 2 is the superior game in most peoples minds, with lunar 1 just building up the plot for part 2.

It is usually agreed that lunar 1 is pretty generic in most respects, not bad, just generic, hence why they decided to remake the game for saturn and give it a huge plot facelift.

the games were remade for both the saturn and psx, the only port that came to america though was the psx version, the saturn version (jap) has much smoother menu's (you've probably noticed how slow the menu's are in the psx version).

Ok Un biased input here.

You need to play

Lunar SCD

Lunar 2 SCD

to understand the L1 remake for PSX (Since it adds stuff from Lunar 2)

Then you needed to play ALL of them to even understand the lunar 2 for PSX =P

I mean PSX added some nice plot and made Pentigulia understandable (Its origin) HOWEVER they REALLY kiddie versioned it which pissed me off. Also Lunar 2 for PSX they CUT so much! I mean I LOVED the sub plots, it showed the lands and magic... then they took it away =(

Scd version is for hardcore gamers, Random battles, "useless" items, same with spells. I mean I LOVED all the spells. In Lunar 2 I liked the power up system!

Also YES you "can" beat Lunar in a weekend, HOWEVER Randon H, ENJOY the game first time around and you second... talk to everyone, explore the world... after 2 times around.. it wont hold it no more... Ive played Lunar MANY times find new things or people.. however the MAIN idea is lost... I know all the maps, I KNOW what weapons to use etc. Why I liked PSX to start NEW plans and ideas etc. After you beat Lunar 1 Play Lunar 2... then worry about SCD. It will be fun! Then if you liked lunar for SCD, Try VAY. Its a "underrated" game that shouldnt be.... its a fun rpg and good plot!

Sorry if I type so much but as you see this is one thing that sparks me....

Vay is an evil game that forces you to run around for hours on end leveling your characters instead of a steady progression like normal games.

Ok so this is what i should do to understand this very confusing series (let alone the games themselves).

play lunar 1 remake for psx

play lunar 2 remake for psx

play lunar 1 on the segacd

play lunar 2 on the segacd

play vay on (which console)

if you wanna be a purist play

lunar 1 (scd)

lunar 1 (psx)

lunar 2 (scd)

lunar 2 (psx)

replace psx with saturn if you want an unfiltered version of the remakes

vay is for sega-cd, don't play it, it's really redundant, unless you like spending hours leveling your characters

No

Lunar1(Scd)

Lunar2(scd)

Lunar1(psx)

Lunar2(psx)

Vay is just for fun.

Look The scd was DIFF from the Scd version

Lunar 1 for psx uses elements of Lunar 2 for Scd so to FULLY understand it you need to play the retros first. The psx version is more like a different "Story teller" Same story... just a different person telling what happend.

Also It may sound weird but.. I LIKED fighting for hours, working for NEW weapons.. I mean look at final fantasy! Even FF8 MADE you fight for HOURS to be good... I HATE those games now that dont have random battles... I mean just get a "Moggle charm" and they go away =P

TRUE rpgers LIKE playing the world for hours.. Look at Dark Wizard... Takes a ass long time for 1 battle! Just like FFT and Orges Battle. Or am I wrong?

Vay looks good,

I think I'll try it when I get the chance. I'd also like to give Popful Mail a go, that looks interesting.

I think it's fair to say Lunar: EB is a bit tougher because it's aimed at players of the first game, but more hardcore....? ???

You COULD beat lunar 1 in a week, but you'd have to play nonstop for days, and why would anyone want to do that?

I don't play that way, after all I have a life on the outside world
wink.gif

I think which game you prefer is more personal preference than anything else.

Mystic, I'm gonna taking it slow and enjoy the scenery. that's half the fun.
smile.gif

hey mist what is the exact quote from lunar that's something like "my ears are bleeding" for the sega cd? it's been years since i played this. My sister has it but she doesn't know where it is just like her sega cd(i sold mine a long time ago).

i remember the set up clearly. alex is up at the grave of his idol, and his dragon pal that looks like a flying cat comes up yelping alex alex(you have to admit that voice was a little annoying yet if i had the game would bring back memories of me playing away at my sega cd as a kid(i got my sega cd when i was just out of 5th grade). Wow i just finally realized why i like SX jesus i should get 4 hours of sleep more often i'm all out of it and remembering old times and feeling good and at the same time in a daze. (sorry for rambling just i do that when i'm tired)

i'm now really contemplating if i want to go into the ftp section and track down a copy of this game instead of tracking down my sister and then trying to hunt for the lost sega cd and the lost games of yesteryear.

no never played it but i played lunar 1 that's what they're talking about right?(should have read all the other pages but i just read this one and it's sort of pointless to buy another since im neither a collector nor a seller and i have an actual copy of the game(not a copy but in the plastic case with instructions and stuff from the store copy) somewhere just only my sister might know where and she lives nowhere near me yet she didn't take the sega cd and her games with her and she still has them somewhere)

"Ears are bleeding" comes from in Layton I belive when Kyle was singing. I know he was called Tone Deaf. The other place possable was in Meyroid listeing to the bar girl. But I dont think that was it...

What was more fun for a quote "Id wring his #2 pencil neck"

As for Nall im not sure of. Ruby tho they made "less" annyoing in her voice HOWEVER somehow the PSX version lost it... I mean she was a annoying dragon..

The real noticaleble diff is where ruby was crying at the begining of Lunar 2 for Hiro.

Also Lunar 1... anyone notice that Alex and Co were OLDER in the PSX version? WD did that because they wanted to focus more on mature settings then a buncha "15-16" year olds in young love. ALSO dont tell about Luna in Lunar 1 for PSX.... That spoils the fun!

Back