Lurkers!

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Just curious how many people lurk these forums. So come on, if you're a lurker or just tend to read the forums instead of posting... Reply to this thread, and introduce yourself if need be or if you feel like it.

:driving:

Lurkers often times have an account as well, many "inactive" members I believe actually read the forums often.

I'm a lurker. I became a member back in 2001 I think, left during all the drama in 2003 or so, (not because of any agreement/disagreement with either side, just didn't want to bother reading about it all,) and started lurking again a few months ago. I'm not certain of my old user name or other login details, (doesn't matter since I never posted much, mostly just ran a short-lived ftp and more or less kept myself to that area of the boards and a little in the Saturn area) so I just now created a new account to respond to this. I keep intending to start posting again, but I'm lazy. :shrugs:

You're welcome here profshiny, doesn't matter if you were a lurker, let's hope you'll post a little as you said :)

Figuring that I recently deleted all the accounts that had never posted and had not logged in in at least 90 days, you're probably not going to get any true, old-time lurkers making their first posts here...

Tagrineth said:
lurk moar prz~

Hi guys.

Does not posting for a really long time count?

I remember you. You were the one pretending to be a girl and made a post about it one day. That thread was classic.

SkankinMonkey said:
I remember you. You were the one pretending to be a girl and made a post about it one day. That thread was classic.

I remember you. You were the only one who was a total worthless jackass in that thread. PHAIL.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think I started reading in 2000, and didn't post until a couple months after (Iron Man v. XO Manowar... what a crappy game). That was on the old green monster messageboard, too.

How's everyone doing?

I came back to this board sometime in late April/early May of this year. I've mostly lurked, but I've posted some as well. Years ago, back in 2001, I used to post on the forums here at times. At the time, they were on a different board system before they had switched to this one. I come on here because I have a very strong interest in older video game systems and video game music as well.

There's another forum I post on regularly, and that's the bodybuilding.com forums.

I post in their Misc section a bit as well as their other sections, and it gets crazy at times with the trolls. They use a pretty similar board system to this one except they have this rep system (short for reputation system) where you have these blocks (red or green) by your username. Based on how good or bad your post is, a member can rep or neg you (basically add or take away reputation points). The number beside the bars is your rep power (how much you can add or subtract to or from a member's rep points).

Nice to see some of the old posters still come here. :)

And a big welcome to Dakki too, congrats on your first post.

I'm a lurker as well. As time goes by, my Sega interests have dwindled in comparison to other pressing issues (like work) but I like to check in once in a while to see what's going on the forums. The community here is quite amicable; I should post more.

The main reason I joined SX back in the day was because of the Saturn. It was the one system I never owned in my younger and never had an interest. Then one day, I saw they were selling them at a local store for 35 bucks, so I picked one up. I was amazed at how beautiful the 2D graphics were for the system, especially relative to the PS1. It's a shame that 2D became passe so quickly. Now, with SSF, I can enjoy all these games again.

Anyone tried out Yakuza yet? It's quite a fun little game. It's nice we got it stateside.

I've been lurking more in later years then posting. I toss a small tidbit out every once in awhile...

but I'd still consider myself a lurker nowadays.

Same here bro.

Been getting out a lot more, and have a few new friends. Besides, haven't been seeing anything really worth posting.

Back