Metal Slug 4 USA AES

Like it says I bought the Metal Slug 4 AES USA cart brand new from www.neo-geo.com and its awesome! Its the BEST one ever made IMO since the first MS game! I cant wait to get Samurai Shodown 5 and SNK vs Capcom CHAOS, and Matrimelee. :) Woohooo thank god for Playmore Corporation! Anyone else collect Neo-Geo games in here AES or MVS or BOTH? or is it just me? Im still looking fer that stupid NEO-GEO CD of Master of Syougi if anyone has it let me know so we can do some little trading. :rolleyes:

And am I the only one that likes Playmore/SNK BETTER than the old SNK? Playmore is IMO just plain better... I like thier games just as much or more than the OLD SNK type of games.. I dunno why though... fer example Metal Slug 1 was awesome, then SNK got it and made part 2 and X and 3 and they were all HORRIBLE compared to the first, then Playmore came out with Metal Slug 4 and it seems more like the first only ALOT better! Music is awesome! Everything about Metal Slug 4 is awesome.... I went from saying stuff like "KOF97 and Metal Slug 2 are the last games fer the Neo Ill ever buy" to what I say now "I cant wait to buy another Neo-Geo game!!" woohoo.

Well, I got some bad news for you then if you can't wait until the next NeoGeo game. From what I have heard, Metal Slug 5 and Samurai Showdown 5 were the last two games playmore were working on. Now, they (playmore) are rumored to be working on a new system!

Yeah, Metal Slug 4 is good, (is there such thing as a bad metal slug game?), but I do love Metal Slug 3 a whole lot more. That last level is a real blast to play, hard as hell, too. Also read some reviews of the new Metal Slug 5 which was praised as a giant leap over 4.

And Playmore better than SNK? Man, I'm just glad they decided to continue NeoGeo's life. The games are definately up to par, in my books. :)

Dude, congratulations, but you are definitely in the minority on that one. True, the original was awesome, and X was a crappy rehash, but MS3 was amazing, especially considering its replay value w/branching paths and level of variety. MS4 just felt bland by comparison. I haven't played SvC or SS5 yet, and I do hold a lot of hope for SvC, but from what I hear SS5 is somewhat of an insult to the series, offering nothing new or better over part 4. I do agree that they're getting a lot better since the first few releases though.

Sorry Crazygoon you are dead wrong! They are going to be making Neo-Geo games fer the next 3 or 4 years at least. My god if you consider the AGE of the NG system 3-4 more years of games is FANTASTIC!! The NG is allready like 14 years old!! Do you know of ANY other system that is this old and GOOD games still coming out for it?

And why people liked MS3 is beyond me, SNK sucks at the MS series...IMO anyways... MS2(was to dammed slow), MSX(was same thing allmost just a touch faster), and MS3(just plain sucked all around, was boring) they were yuckko. MS4 seems most like the first (Graphic wise and FUN wise), but I allready said this... I played Samurai Shodown V on a buddies AES and its WAY better than the old ones, In fact Im glad I sold my old Samurai's cause part 5 is the only good one now, except fer part 4 was ok. But if you dont think so....what can I say? Im glad Im buying them and not you. Playmore is cool and I still cant wait fer more new games. The newer games are simply awesome!! SNK had no idea of what to do next and is basically why all thier games seem so much alike. I like the new Korean artists on the Geo now and SNK vs Capcom would never have made it onto the Geo without Playmore Corp. SNK didnt seem to really care for cool games like this on the NG system. I thank the gods for Playmore Corp. Just my opinion.

and to Ratamahatta Yes there is converters for that but I collect all MVS, AES, and CD games, so I dont use the converter much.

Well, I guess that's a good thing then. I will be looking out for Metal Slug 6 now ;) I'm a Metal Slug nut :)

well, I typed a ton of stuff to reply here, and was allmost done and dropped a Neo-Geo CD on the keyboard magically erasing over half of the message....oh well :(

A likely story FAKK2. I wish I had more AES stuff. Hey, you wouldn't happen to have any spare NEO GEO AES AC adapters would you? I recently got lucky and bought 6 AES Motherboards from a friend for a good price, but I dont know if any of them work cause I'm too lazy to buy an AC adapter.

Peace,

Segafiend

Metal Slug 5 is awesome too!! I just picked it up recently from neo-geo.com. The soundtrack seems even BETTER than 'Slug 4!! Pretty cool!! I like the new mech/tank metal slug vehicle too!! Pretty creative!!! :bow

Wow, I guess I was wrong! SNK is now making games for the Atomiswave POS machine, and I for one will NEVER buy that piece of shit system ever! oh well SNK fucked up big time...Stop making beautiful games on the Neo-Geo and make them for shitty ass Dreamcast hardware...LOL what a big mistake!!!

Metal Slug 3 was definately the best, the only thing good about Metal Slug 4 was Nadia, it was like a MUGEN Metal Slug, made with pieces from different Metal Slug games, horrible. In the other hand, Metal Slug 5 was a very good game, especially because of the amazing music it featured.

I collect AES, MVS and have a CD system, but I never make use of it.

Atomiswave is great hardware, since it has great games like Guilty Gear X (ver1.5) and Guilty Gear ISUKA. It has a lot of potential, and SNK will not need more than what the system has to offer. I am really looking forward to King of FIghters NeoWave, King of FIghters 2003, Metal Slug 6 and Samurai Spirits AW, which are all Atomiswave titles.

Oh, and SNK did not "fuck it up bigtime", since they are finally understanding how to make money, how to make a company grow.

Somehow I wouldn't consider ditching 12-13 year old hardware that is absolute crap compared to even the worst modern arcade hardware A BAD THING.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Apr 19, 2004 @ 06:02 PM

Somehow I wouldn't consider ditching 12-13 year old hardware that is absolute crap compared to even the worst modern arcade hardware A BAD THING.

He's probably just pissed that games made by SNK aren't going to be the same when run on different hardware. Well, at least that's how I would feel..

So, yeah - what I said before was true, no? :D

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Apr 20, 2004 @ 01:27 AM

So, yeah - what I said before was true, no? :D

That is right, Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL will be the last Neo-Geo MVS/AES title to be released.

I think he's just pissed 'cos he would have to shell out for the new Atomiswave system (which isn't cheap) as well as new carts to play a new game.

While it would suck after only having to buy new carts for quite some time, shit does happen.

Well, I hear the new KOF game sucks bigtime; although there are some killer games on Atomiswave already it remains to be seen whether SNK/Playmore can deliver quality on it. I think they will given time, but they have to realize that people's expectations are going to be even higher given the new hardware platform. To me, this means they're going to have to invest a lot of effort and money into creating all new sprites, which is something they haven't really done extensively for quite some time.

Originally posted by mal@Apr 20, 2004 @ 11:34 AM

I think he's just pissed 'cos he would have to shell out for the new Atomiswave system (which isn't cheap) as well as new carts to play a new game.

While it would suck after only having to buy new carts for quite some time, shit does happen.

No disrespect mal but he said in the last two post that he's spent $800 almost on two games , an atomiswave costs $500-575 with blue dolphin , i know hes got some games worth some serious whip if he really wanted this system bad enough all hed have to do is sell a game or two .

Back