Modded Xbox with xchip

I have a modded xbox with the Xchip. It comes with all cables to connect to your TV, and a logitech wireless controller. I'm asking $240 shipped. If interested, send me a PM.
 
Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Fri, 2005-03-11 @ 09:05 PM

How big is the HDD?

[post=131236]Quoted post[/post]​


It's the original 8 gb drive. You can of course add a bigger hard drive.
 
Don't mean to spam your thread, but the Xbox is basically only worth about 180 or so, give or take for the wireless controller.

Used/refurb xboxes are about $120, chips at most are $50, and shipping will be anywhere from $13-$20.

That's under $200 without a bigger hdd, so unless you are charging an extra $50 for the installation of the chip (which would be outrageous).. $240 isn't a very good price.
 
Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Sun, 2005-03-13 @ 04:14 PM

Don't mean to spam your thread, but the Xbox is basically only worth about 180 or so, give or take for the wireless controller.

Used/refurb xboxes are about $120, chips at most are $50, and shipping will be anywhere from $13-$20.

That's under $200 without a bigger hdd, so unless you are charging an extra $50 for the installation of the chip (which would be outrageous).. $240 isn't a very good price.

[post=131401]Quoted post[/post]​


Thanks for your opinion. If it's that simple and cheaper for you, then that route is best for you.
 

ExCyber

Staff member
I wouldn't say $50 for a chip install is outrageous. As far as I've been able to tell it's close to the standard in the US/Canada.
 
Yea I saw a place selling new modded xboxs for 400 bucks, of course I think they did have a bigger HD, but I hardly doubt that justifys the price difference.
 
Lyzel, i agree with PUNJABEE, that is too much for the system.

However Lyzel, i agree, this shouldn't be publically announced like this. Now you know how I feel when you did it to me.
 

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
$50 for an xbox mod chip install is outrageous. It's something like 9 wires if I remember correctly (haven't opened my box in ages). It's like a 20 minute install.... that's more than $2 per minute of work...
 

lordofduct

Established Member
Ummm, I beg to differ. Websites across the web charge roghly 220-280 USD for premodded XBOX's, NO SOFTWARE, and no extras (which means the 8 gb HDD still). This doesn't include shipping yet either.

I personally mod an xbox without an upgraded HDD for 80 USD chip included (you suplly the XBOX). I am told I am extremely cheap for what I offer. And I feel i get my money worth. It is not as easy as you all may try to say it is. The actual chip install can be rather annoying on a v.1.6. Also I bet this kid may already have the DB set up, and that can take sometime to hunt down and set up if you don't know what you are doing.

Not a price I would pay personally, but still an allright decent price when figuring it comes with a wireless controller.(which values 30-50 USD brandnew at eb... depending brand, not sure exactly how much the logitech one is)

examples:

http://www.xbox-extreme.com/

http://www.modchipman.com/premodded-xbox-p-144.html

http://www.bayareamods.net/premoddedxbox.html

figure this way...

Xbox - 130 USD (minimum price at ebgames) plus tax aplicable in your area (here its 6.5% making 138.44)

chip - 49 USD average plus shipping (usually about 5USD)

controller - figure low at 32 USD (tax included)

total: 224.44USD

add on the ability to solder or the 10 bucks for the solderless install, a set of torx drivers, finding the DB and process and time of installing it. Hrmmmm, sounds rather reasonable to me!
 
Charging money for tools you own or buy and don't give to the buyer is retarded. - charging for this is robbery.

Finding the Dashboard - takes less than 3 minutes. Newsgroups, hell even bit-torrent, and some people even have FTPs. 3 minutes. Secondly once you find a DB, you're done. You dont have to look every single time. It's called burning a CD. - Once again, charging for this is robbery.

Time spent installing the DB. Yeah. It's a real bitch inserting the CD, then clicking "format HDD", then "install dashboard". You can spend a LOT of time here. :looney - AGAIN - robbery.

If you even try to tell me 'physically swapping the hdd is an extra charge'... wow.

Charging money for the actual installation of a chip, sure. But not $50 :wanker

I can see charging for a solder refill every -oh.. i dont know- few months, but what does a solder refill cost? couple of bucks? Come on.

Quit ripping people off and trying to justify it. :slap
 

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member
that and most of those dashboards were probably compiled with that microsoft dev kit. Meaning if you're selling an xbox with a dashboard on it, it's probably even more illegal...
 

lordofduct

Established Member
Originally posted by PUNJABEE@Tue, 2005-03-22 @ 09:13 AM

Charging money for tools you own or buy and don't give to the buyer is retarded. - charging for this is robbery.

Finding the Dashboard - takes less than 3 minutes. Newsgroups, hell even bit-torrent, and some people even have FTPs. 3 minutes. Secondly once you find a DB, you're done. You dont have to look every single time. It's called burning a CD. - Once again, charging for this is robbery.

Time spent installing the DB. Yeah. It's a real bitch inserting the CD, then clicking "format HDD", then "install dashboard". You can spend a LOT of time here. :looney - AGAIN - robbery.

If you even try to tell me 'physically swapping the hdd is an extra charge'... wow.

Charging money for the actual installation of a chip, sure. But not $50 :wanker

I can see charging for a solder refill every -oh.. i dont know- few months, but what does a solder refill cost? couple of bucks? Come on.

Quit ripping people off and trying to justify it. :slap

[post=131959]Quoted post[/post]​


ummm if you do the math there, thats a charge of $15.56 for installing a chip... THATS REASONABLE.

that total of 224.44 was all put together by checking prices at normal retailers. not estimated (well the controller was estimated because i dont know exactly how much THAT controller is, but with them at an average of 30-50 dollars i think 32 dollars is a good estimate for the controller)

And seriousily yes, that 16 dollars does justify for tools and skill. Yeah we aren't giving them those tools, but do they have them? no, if they did they wouldn't be buying a premodded xbox. And if they went and did it themselves it would cost them more money, well over 16 dollars.

Also when you look at what I personally charge and not what this kid is charging. I dont charge 50 bucks for install either. 80 bucks, with 54 dollars of that goes towards buying the chip. so im charging a whopping 26 bucks. And if they ever have a problem in the future ill check it out for them. Your estimate of 50 dollars is poor, do some math bugger.
 
Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2005-03-22 @ 10:21 PM

Also when you look at what I personally charge and not what this kid is charging. I dont charge 50 bucks for install either. 80 bucks, with 54 dollars of that goes towards buying the chip. so im charging a whopping 26 bucks. And if they ever have a problem in the future ill check it out for them. Your estimate of 50 dollars is poor, do some math bugger.

[post=131970]Quoted post[/post]​


Just for the record.. I never said that I am charging $50 to install... That is l Punjabee's assessment.

Anyways, I consider my asking price reasonable from what I have seem elsewhere... There are people like Punjabee's everywhere... They are the worse.

I suggest you ignore Punjabee's... he's a thread crapper.

PS: The xbox is pending sale on another forum.
 
Originally posted by Lyzel@Wed, 2005-03-23 @ 01:31 AM



I suggest you ignore Punjabee's... he's a thread crapper.

[post=131980]Quoted post[/post]​


What board? Do they know you're ripping them off?
 
Top