Molson Twin Labels

Many of you might be familiar with Molson's "Twin Label Technology." For those not knowing what that is, all bottles of Molson Canadian/Light have a second label on the back with a cool little phrase. Well, my girlfriend and I have been collecting these labels for almost a year now. There's 232 different labels in the US and we've collected all but 20 of them. They're numbered, so it's easy to tell which ones we don't have. We're so close to completing the set that it's difficult to find the ones we need. We plan on framing them and making some cool posters out of them. I'm wondering if anyone here drinks Molson, or possibly knows/works at a place where they can snag labels from (bottle collection place, bar, etc).

I'd be willing to pay a small fee for each label I don't have that anyone can get to me. It'd be easy to ship since you can just put them in a regular envelope with maybe some carboard or something to prevent bending, ripping. Most labels are pretty easy to remove without severe tearing, especially after being held in a hand for a while. I've searched all over the internet for other people that might collect these things, but I haven't had any luck in finding anyone else to trade with.

If anyone here can help me out, here are the numbers I need:

33, 50, 56, 58, 63, 76, 86, 92, 95, 99, 125, 133, 142, 173, 189, 193, 198, 199, 201, 222

The number is on the outside border of the label. I collect both the regular (red) and light (blue) labels, so it doesn't matter which it might be. I'd appreciate anyone that might be able to help me out.

And as the subtitle to my post says, please don't snob the beer. It's not my favorite either, and I don't really feel like getting into deep discussions about how Guinness is the only true beer. Thanks :)

Bleh, coming from a Canadian, I can't believe people actually like Canadian. (yes I know you said you didn't love it either). Then again, everyone loves whatever is foreign, I'll bet the belgian's must hate Stella and love Canadian. **shudder** You should try some of the Canadian microbrewry beers like Moosehead or Creemore.

Oh yea, back to the topic at hand, why not keep drinking till you get them....:p

Well, anyway, the factory is a few minutes from my house, so maybe I could call them or pass by and see what they can do for me. Have you tried e-mailing them by the way?

On a related note, do they brew Canadian in the US?

Well, yes, I've been drinking them all up to this point (well, my friends helped ;) ) . I've picked up a few from bars that I noticed from bottles people left behind. The problem isn't drinking them, it's finding the ones with the right labels. I have been known to look at all the 6-Packs in the store, pull the labels I don't have, then make a 6-Pack of as many new ones as I can find. But I just thought I'd see if anyone else was collecting these things too.

I have emailed Molson. I only asked them how many there were and how long they were going to have the labels. The good news was that as of a few months ago they had no plans to stop the promotion. But the last thing I want is to get down to 5 more to go, then get screwed when they either a) decide to pull it, or b) release more. I know in Canada they only have 100 of them, but we have 232 in the US. At least that's what they said in the email.

I'm not too picky about my beer. Well, I am. But I don't need these rare exotic brands to be happy. There are two reasons to drink beer. 1) taste, 2) well, you know. And the ones that taste good are usually more expensive. And I'm usually drinking it for the other reason. That being said, I buy the cheap shit. In that respect, Canadian is far better than, say, Budweiser or something comperable. I've heard that it's hard to find Canadian beer much further south than NYS. Down south it's all domestic, except near Florida where they have Dominican beers and what not.

I kinda figured it was a long shot that anyone here would actually collect and/or drink Canadian. But I thought there might be a better chance that someone here (or someone they know) works at a grocery store or somewhere bottles are returned, or a bar.

I'll probably email Molson again at some point to see what they have to say. Yes, it's more fun to get them myself. But I think trading and/or finding them is equally has fun in some respects :)

Well since it appears the collection is different in the US then in Canada it looks like I can't help. That being said, good luck and if theres anything I can do to help, keep in mind that Molson, God bless em, is right around the corner from me.

I'ma go enjoy a Moosehead now, Catch ya all later.

I've heard that it's hard to find Canadian beer much further south than NYS. Down south it's all domestic, except near Florida where they have Dominican beers and what not.

Hmm, I dunno, I live in Denver and can pretty much find any type of beer I want. Although the local micros are a little bit too predominant in the bars, I think (especially since they aren't that good for the most part). They only place I've really been in the South is New Orleans, but obviously finding good beer isn't a problem there either.

Back