Monkey Island 2

it290

Established Member
Ok, so I just finished Monkey Island 2 for the first time (yes, don't laugh at me -- I completed the first one way back when, but for some reason I never got around to part two). And I have to say, that ending pissed me off. I mean, it really pissed me off. I couldn't believe that that was it. Any thoughts?

Don't feel too bad, I only even played the first two MI games for the first time back around Christmas last year. And I cheated most of the way through the second one.

That said, I didn't really feel ripped off. I had read about the ending being really stupid, and I agree. It was pretty dumb. Since I didn't invest a whole lot of thinking time into the game it didn't really upset me though. But I can easily see why it would upset those who spent a lot of time solving the puzzles.

You're not alone though. Read the MI2 entry in Adventure Gamers' Top 20 Adventure Games list. He has the same feelings you do.

Y'know, in most other games, I wouldn't have minded (much), but like that entry says, with a game of this magnitude, it just feels like a colossal letdown. That is, of course, magnified by the fact that we may never know how the series was intended to continue. I guess I'll just take Elaine's version of events for the truth.

Back