Mortal Kombat games

I have a question about Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Does anyone know what is different in the Japanese version of Mortal Kombat 2? I heard it's an updated edition.

Also, why is it that in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 the announcer does not say "Round x" (x of course being the round number) when the audio is on the disc? I beleive Mortal Kombat Trilogy has the same problem.

All i have heard is that Mortal Kombat 2 on the sega saturn is extremly poor with load times during the match and voices and graphics missing.

Originally posted by Quakester2000@Thu, 2006-03-02 @ 08:11 PM

All i have heard is that Mortal Kombat 2 on the sega saturn is extremly poor with load times during the match and voices and graphics missing.

[post=144817]Quoted post[/post]​

It only loads when you "finnish him/her" (the game halts for <1 sec), other than that I can't remember any of the other flaws your mentioning. But that alone makes it a laughable port, I'll give you that.

The curious thing is that you read:

"all of the arcade sound effects have been retained"

on the backside cover (MK2 Saturn US-Version).

The game also gives you the option of sticking with one character to change into as Shang Tsung to keep the game running smoothly, or all of them, with loading bogging the fight down when you change.

Back