My Gamecube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finally managed to find a online store that has GC's at a reasonable price, not the US version, but a modded Jap version. Not ideal, but hey, I'll get a GC this side of Christmas... which is a very good thing!

This is what I'm getting...

• GameCube System (JPN / US compatible) - INDIGO $270.00
  • Nintendo GameCube Controller - INDIGO $34.99
  • 2x Nintendo GameCube Memory Card 59 $36.00
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader $48.00
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee $48.00
  • Pikmin $48.00
  • Luigi's Mansion $49.00

• Shipping: $ 27.00
      TOTAL: $ 560.99

The Rage has stock for those of you who are looking.

I don't really.. that was my entire Christmas bonus. Not sure how I'm going to afford to buy anyone else Christmas presents...

Oh well, I guess I'll let them play my Gamecube, that should be good enough :)

If things go according to plan, I should be the first person in South Africa to have a Gamecube - this makes me very happy :eek:

whats really great is, someone who makes as much money as someone that works at mcdonalds in the US is making somewhere in the top 95% income range in south africa...

I'm still around... trying to deal with the disappointment of not getting my GC.

The Rand (my currency has dropped again to R11.76 - $1, down from R10.76 - $1 yesterday) with rumours of it droping to R16 - $1 by the end of the day.

Basically this means that I can now not afford the GC and after therage.com fucked up my order I have to pay twice the bank charges + PayPal charges (I'd guess this is costing me around $100), not to mention the fact that I'll lose out due to the exchange rate.

The GC is now something of a distant dream :(

It's really unfair really, I had a dream... that dream was to own a GC. For the last 2 years (maybe more) the first thing I did every morning was log onto every news site I could think of and track the Dolphin, I spread the gospel of Nintendo, got all my friends interested, got Ice to agree to let me open NX, saved up to get it and now? Nothing!

I had the money, I had someone that was going to bring it over, I had even ordered it, only to have it rejected by therage.com for some stupid rule they have about PayPal's confirmed shipping address.

Now my currency has fucked out even more... because of some shit in Zimbabwe and something to do with Argentina (on the other side of the world for fuck sakes!!).

It is a terrible feeling to have you dreams crushed, I know its a bit sad of my to put so much on a console, but I really have been watching and waiting for that little purple box of love for so long and now it looks like I might never get it.

Anyway, I'm rambling, Supergrom, I'll reply to you email today.

I know where your comming from Karny. Before the Dreamcast came out I was almost mithic anticipation of getting my hands on one. I drempt about Dreamcast, read about dreamcast, even started writing a story about a walking talking Dreamcast! I was so obsesed with it that it rivaled that of my hype to play PDS for my saturn, which took three years for me to find a copy of, and was basicly the main reason I love the system to this day.

When the DC finnaly did come out however, I found I was unable to afford one, even at its relativly cheap price of only $200 at the time. For a very long time I was broke, my fammily was having financial troubles, and that was making me not only postpone buying a Dreamcast, but stopping the collection for any games at all. :(

It was not until a year and a half after its release that I was finnaly able to get one. By that time however, sega had made the devistating announcment that it would no longer be producing the system. Needless to say, I was not a very happy gamer, in fact, considering at the time I was anti-ps2, x-box didn't interest me, and Gamecube didn't have any RPG's, I was just about to through in the towel and stop playing games for good.

Anyways, just thought you might wan't to know that your not alone here in this kind of situation.

yeah, stupid global economy seems to shaft everybody, especially you it sounds like. you should just get real pissed at the rage since they messed up your order, and hope they try to make it up to you =)

ok, ok, this has basically no chance of working, but its the best thing i can think of right now.

eh.. according to the universal currency converter, the rand is currently at:
1 ZAR = 0.0917431 USD | 1 USD = 10.9000 ZAR

you prolly should drop a game to get the price down to a reasonable level again, plus, why not get your friend to pay via CC or paypal, and paypal the money to him beforehand so the address matches? if all fails, get him to get just the system, as that will be the hardest to get and most expensive to import, can always get the games seperately.. even if you have to wait a bit on them. I'll sell you my luigi's mansion :p

Well it finally arrived!!

After months of fighting with Upstategames, it finally arrived.

It's a great little system and I'm very happy with my investment, but as it stand I only have Super SMash Bros Melee, which which being a fantastic game, can only be played for so long.

I'm going to work on a couple of things soon, from a review (I know there are millions out there) of the hardware and software that I have and hopefully you guys can contribute reviews on games that you have :)

I know it took ages, but it was definately worth the wait!

I'm delighted with the system and the game I have. Just a pity I can one afford one game this month... can't decide what to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back