My last sms plus ?

vbt

Staff member
Well, I start to have difficulties to improve the emu and also display bug starts to come. here are my problems :

- I have working dual CPU functions but I don't find a place to use them.

- I'm a shit in assembly

- I have no idea on how to wrtie sound

- Some sprites stay displayed when they should not

Maybe I shoud release the source if someone is interested.

This version has zoomed sprites and BG but the sprites have got bad look on a real Saturn (comparing to the Saturn bitmap zoom).

PAR version with Wonderboy included

Here is a screen from Satourne (the sprites are worse on a Saturn and the Transparency is not working on a Saturn)

wonderboy_satourne.jpg

This one shows something on Saturnin :)

Well, actually it's almost a blue screen of death without text, but it's better than nothing ;)

I have a bunch of sprites loaded in the VDP1 ram, but they don't display and I don't know why ...

For your problems I don't know what to say, I'm not on the good side of the barrier :(

Originally posted by Runik@Apr 12, 2004 @ 05:37 PM

This one shows something on Saturnin :)

Well, actually it's almost a blue screen of death without text, but it's better than nothing ;)

Good :) the only change is that I use scaled sprites (instead of normal sprites) and a zoomed BG.

I have a bunch of sprites loaded in the VDP1 ram, but they don't display and I don't know why ...

Even giri giri has got problems to display my sprites, in fact Giri giri refresh too much the sprites I think but Satourne (first dynarec release) and have the same behavior as the real console.

For your problems I don't know what to say, I'm not on the good side of the barrier :(

Sure, but don't you make small Saturn programs to perform some tests and then improve your emu ? It must be hard to correct Saturnin and test always with full games.

Originally posted by vbt+Apr 12, 2004 @ 09:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vbt @ Apr 12, 2004 @ 09:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Good :) the only change is that I use scaled sprites (instead of normal sprites) and a zoomed BG.

[/b]

The previous one jumped to address 0 and then crashed ...

<!--QuoteBegin-vbt
@Apr 12, 2004 @ 09:51 PM

Sure, but don't you make small Saturn programs to perform some tests and then improve your emu ? It must be hard to correct Saturnin and test always with full games.[/quote]

Ahem ... I don't even have the compiler installed :smash

Booting games doesn't encourage you to do something by yourself :rolleyes:

But I will install it and compile some programs in the future ...

Originally posted by Runik@Apr 12, 2004 @ 11:16 PM

Booting games doesn't encourage you to do something by yourself :rolleyes:

Yes indeed, I wanted to make my own 3D race based on the SGL sample but I had problems to make correct DXF (I tried a lot of tools) and after I wasn't sure my polygons were correctly placed. I had to spend more time on this but unfortunatly, I don't have :(.

Originally posted by dhau@Apr 15, 2004 @ 10:44 PM

Not Found

The requested URL /vincent.berthelot/vbt/sms_tiles_src.ace was not found on this server.

Sorry :blush: it's corrected now.

I'm sure there are interesting things in your code, but I don't have the time to look at it now (plus my computer is dead...). Same for my slime volleyball like Floupix : It should have been released a long time ago, since it is now "finished", along with slinga's 12 players snake; the web page is updated but not uploaded. I might have some time later (some weeks).

Originally posted by vbt@Apr 21, 2004 @ 01:38 PM

Nobody is interested by my code ? :(

I am interested!!! And I want to learn SH assembly, so may be I'll be able to speed-up critical pieces eventually...

Please create a project for your SMS emulator on www.SourceForge.net. This way code will live on, even if you'll get hit by a bus (just a joke! Long live VBT) :)

Originally posted by dhau+Apr 22, 2004 @ 11:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dhau @ Apr 22, 2004 @ 11:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vbt@Apr 21, 2004 @ 01:38 PM

Nobody is interested by my code ? :(

I am interested!!! And I want to learn SH assembly, so may be I'll be able to speed-up critical pieces eventually...

[/b][/quote]

good i'm looking for someone who is able to do that or who is able to share the emu processing between the two procs.

Please create a project for your SMS emulator on www.SourceForge.net. This way code will live on, even if you'll get hit by a bus (just a joke! Long live VBT) :)

good idea but I'm not sure I have the right to do that, the original sms plus sources are not from me.

I am REALLY interested in that source... great stuff, seriously :D

i'm interested in porting some emulators to the saturn, maybe i should start with an atari 2600 emulator or something.

i dont have a modchip in my saturn and have to do the swap-trick when i want to test something, which is very discouraging.

if you know of any modchip/other solutions, please tell me.

im new (for the 2nd time) to the Saturn scene.

Reuben

Originally posted by rbn@May 8, 2004 @ 12:28 PM

I am REALLY interested in that source... great stuff, seriously :D

mmm, not sure the part of the code I have written is good.

i'm interested in porting some emulators to the saturn, maybe i should start with an atari 2600 emulator or something.

I checked already about porting a Atari 2600 but I have found no code I "liked".

i dont have a modchip in my saturn and have to do the swap-trick when i want to test something, which is very discouraging.

if you know of any modchip/other solutions, please tell me.

You can buy an action replay with a commlink capability and a commcard to upload directly binaries tothe Saturn. The only pb is that the card needs a ISA slot.

im new (for the 2nd time) to the Saturn scene.

Reuben

:)

I didnt see, on first inspection, any atari emulators with what i think would be "suitable code" but i'll look harder.

i also need to get my development environment set-up.

i see you use Dev-Cpp as an IDE, vbt. that's good, but i couldnt get your .dev file to load by default (ie the .dev int the source code above)

new source here

I have made only few changes :

- move the Z80 core from version 2.7 to 3.5

- recompiled without SEGA debug in SPR lib

- removed useless included lib and C files

Cool! Hey, you did so much work on fast SMS sprite simulation. I think it is imperative to use your emulator to produce static translations of all the great SMS games, so that they run at stable 100% speed with full sound and stuff :)

(mega bump) maybe not my last one.

MKon and cfgm2 on #smspower helped me a lot :cheers

Originally posted by vbt@Wed, 2005-08-31 @ 02:17 PM

(mega bump) maybe not my last one.

MKon and cfgm2 on #smspower helped me a lot :cheers

[post=138971]Quoted post[/post]​

Eh... What network is #smspower channel on? Thanks!

Back