My sub in my car

lordofduct

Established Member
I would like to start by saying that I love SX because everyone here actually HELPS! I have been posting this question at a few "car audio" related forums. One of which is specific to MY CAR! And people seem to not want to help. They are more like brag forums as apposed to tech help forums. Although they say tech help.

So, Im asking you guys. Here is what I have been posting. I hope someone could help me, i have been hunting for 2 days with no avail.

Originally posted by me on other forums

First things first... im at work right now I have been checking this FAQ for pinouts and the sort and this is what I have come to so far.

I own a Ford Focus ZX3 2004 with the stock Blaupunkt mp3 head unit.

I am setting up a 15" 525W ZEUZ on a XPLOD 2 channel 1200W mono amp; I am only using one channel.

I bought the yellow plug that goes into the sub pre-out like This here.

I wired it up and sent the remote to the "ignition run/accesory" pin on the head unit out of the longer plug at the bottom of all the sets of wires. So now the amp turns on. But no sound is coming out. I believe the RCA's from that yellow port just aren't sending a signal.

Am I supposed to plug the blue wire from the yellow plug (labeled "sub enable/clip detect") to anything? Is this the romote wire, cause when I hooked the remote up to it my sub wouldn't even turn on.

Or do I have to hook that to some power lead to let the receiver know that there is a sub hooked up? Like maybe send it to the same accesory pin that i sent the remote too?

incase my wording sucks... this is how it is wired.

SubWire.gif

I would also like to add, the ford focus related forum i posted this on... well no one even bothers to even look at the thread. No instead they all continually look at the threads around it about pics of this persons system or that persons air intake.

Oh and Id like to add... i know the sub works and the amp works. The amp was tested in 2 of my friends systems 3 days ago and the sub was tested on my buddy Sam's system yesterday. Along with the "tone test" works on my amp when hooked to my sub. So I know its just not receiving the signal from the RCA cables.

well actually I didn't figure that part out.

I know that the stereo has to turn on the sub pre-out port. There is some way to do it and I couldn't find how. So instead I just used the "high level" inputs on my amp (which it thankfully came with) and just wired into the rear speakers. Very little sound degregation came from this because its only for a sub... theres no highs so its hard to notice any quality loss. I will advise people not to use high level inputs for extra speakers; you will notice a difference then.

A plus side to using the high level inputs is now I can control the base level from my receiver because its wired through the receivers amp then onto my amp. Where the pre-out is not effected by the receivers amp (hence the name pre-out). Seeing how the XPLOD amp doesn't have a remote bass control.

Back