Myst

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member

The Surrealistic Adventure That Will Become Your World

22 November

A great injustice has been done... and I, Altrus, have paid the price. The books I have created lead to worlds so fantastic, they could fill a lifetime. But something has gone terribly wrong and my creations are being destroyed by someone's greed. I suspect one of my sons, either Sirrus or Achenar, but I cannot be sure. I dare not write further without revealing too much. My only hope is that I can find the answer before it's too la.....

Few are chosen. Fewer succeed. Journey now to an island world surrealistically tinged with mystery...where every vibrant rock, scrap of paper, and sound may hold vital clues to your unraveling a chilling tale of intrigue and injustice that defies all boundaries of time and space. Only your wits and imagination will serve to stay the course and unlock the ancient betrayal of ages past.
  • Journey through stunning 3D photo-realistic graphics
  • Experience a vivid first person perspective
  • Explore eerie worlds of starkly fantastic beauty
  • Delight in an original musical track and sound effects that enhance the sense of realism
  • Combine keen observation and logic to unlock the secrets of MYST®

Converted from the award winning PC title, Myst thrusts you into an intriguing and beautiful computer generated land. Left alone it's your task to solve the taxing logic puzzles and mystery which enshrouds this complete virtual island. Breathtaking rendered scenery, CD quality sound effects, narrated story and a game save option ensure this is an adventure you'll never want to leave!

Is this one of those :huh games?

Attachments

• Myst_USA_Front.JPG
    Myst_USA_Front.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 141
  • Myst_USA_Back.JPG
    Myst_USA_Back.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Myst_USA_Disc.JPG
    Myst_USA_Disc.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 133
  • Myst_EUR_Front.JPG
    Myst_EUR_Front.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Myst_EUR_Back.JPG
    Myst_EUR_Back.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Myst_EUR_Disc.JPG
    Myst_EUR_Disc.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 133
Never played the Saturn version...

I actually didn't play it till after playing Riven. I enjoyed Riven much for as it was a lot more difficult. Although a lot of that difficulty came from playing it on a POS 75 mhz machine.

Myst lagged a little on that computer, Riven just kinda shat all over the place if I had to look at anything that was moving.

I left Riven and went to this and just kicked it's ass in a day. I was rather upset.

I started with Riven on PSX and PSX emu. Then I played Riven on Saturn and Myst, too. I also played Myst 3 on my iBook.

Oh how I love the series. From the 3 I played, Riven is the best regarding atmosphere.

I really enjoyed MYST, it was this game and Virtua Cop 2 that caught my interest in the Saturn (not having a PC at the time).

I'm not sure if it's still exclusive anymore but the Saturn version had a making of MYST on the CD that wasn't avalible to any other format.

Im with lordofduct here, i originally had riven for the Jap saturn, and then cause i liked that i went back and played myst, but was rather dissapointed. I owned the mega cd version of myst when i was younger but never actually played it until after i played the saturn version.

I also had to play riven in black and white for about 6 months (yeah it takes me that long to finish most games) becuase my tele didnt properly support ntsc. It was only when i got to the section of the game where you insert the colored marbles onto the map when i really needed to go out and buy a better tv :p

I've got the making of Myst documentary on the PC version I've got.

The best game I've ever played happens to be Riven. Took me about 18 months to complete without any help whatsoever. And that was mainly due to the fact my screen was too dark which meant I couldn't see that stupid side corridor hidden behind the double doors.

I've played the first 3 games. I have Uru and Myst 4 but cannot seem to get them to run on my computer even though it is well within the minimum requirements. Anyone else have prolems with those games?

I just bout Myst 5 last week and I can't wait to get playing that one. :drool:

Ahh... the old 486. I was all out on this game on the PC, back in the 3.11 days. It took me a while to finish, and then I went and bought that guide book as well (which is actually very well written - the first half is a journal by someone 'living' in the Myst storyline, the second is an out and out guide).

Load times were actually better on the Saturn for me compared to the 486dx/33 with 8MB as you can imagine. Transitioned pretty well from the PC to console.

I first played Myst on a Mac back when it first came out in Oz.

It was amazing to play at the time, but the loading times really sucked even then. It took ages to finish, but I think I did it without any walk throughs or hints.

I've never played Riven or any of the other sequels though...

I remember playing Myst on a friends Mac not long after it came out. I thought it was a piece of trash. The level of interaction/freedom of movement sucked compared to traditional graphical adventures and the puzzles were too abstract for my tastes. Space Quest forever!

Back