Need Feedback on Xbox Wireless Controllers

VertigoXX

Mid Boss
A little bit after last xmas, I bought a Pelican wireless controller for my Xbox. This was the first version they released, operating at 900mhz. It worked fine for a while, but then started loosing the signal at very inopportune times. I'm now thinking about buying one of the newer 2.4ghz versions. However, while the Pelican ones seem to get good feedback on other sites, I'm also considering another brand I came across. It is also a 2.4ghz model, produced under the name "Hip Gear." (I'm also familiar with the ones from Logitech, but between the HUGE size and $20 higher price tag, I'm between the two other models.) The Hip Gear one's reciever is a straight box, kinda like the Gamecube's Wavebird's reciever. One of my complaints about the Pelican one I have now is that it is hard to find a place to set the reciever with its 8 inch long cord.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone else had any experience with the wireless Hip Gear Xbox controler?

I haven't seen them, but I've heard good things about the new Logitech ones.

Don't know if they are the same ones you're talking about since thery didn't seem that big

I know Logitech has two models of wireless controllers for the PS2- the old, big ones, and the new, small ones. I have one of the small ones (I use it with my PC), and it is fantastic. In fact, it's one of the best and most comfortable controllers I've ever used, and its battery life is even better than that of the Wavebird -- it has a vibration feature! I think they have a version of the new model for the Xbox... if it's similar to the PS2 version, I highly recommend it. The only complaint I've heard about it is that some people don't like the D-pad, but I find it far better than Sony's d-pad.

Originally posted by it290@Sat, 2004-12-11 @ 12:01 PM

The only complaint I've heard about it is that some people don't like the D-pad, but I find it far better than Sony's d-pad.
Yeah, but two twigs and a rubber band is better than sony's "d-pad". :p

Anyway, he's right. They've got an improved Xbox wireless controller that is supposed to get 50+ hours of life with 2 AAs with vibration on. 2.4Ghz, supposed to be lighter and smaller, plus a more controller-S style layout. Also cheaper than the old model, apparently. No 8 inch cord for the reciever either, just plugs in.

Yes, Logitech ones are great. They're also $50 or higher. I'm looking at the $30 ones.

Anyone have some feedback on the Hip Gear brand ones? (I need to know soon, only have a limited time to take advantage of the fiance's xmas time employee discount increase. :devil: )

I went ahead and bought the Hip Gear one. $29.99 minus my fiance's limited-time 30% discount pretty much made it worth the risk. I must say, I am impressed with it. It's a bit bigger than the S-controler (though nowhere near as big as the original Microsoft controlers), and a good deal heavier with four AA batteries in it, but overall it fits my big mits just fine. So far, no signal loss problems, even through a 3 hour KOTOR session, and it has a "force connection" button on the reciever to reconnect if you do loose the signal (something the Pelican version lacks).

It might still be a bit too big for someone with small hands, though it is only maybe a centimeter bigger than the S-controller. And it does have a complicated connection process if you want to use more than one (as the channel function is all automatic, no switch involved). Other than that, no complaints so far.

i have COSMO RF one..

think lik-sang used to carry it...

it's almost identical replica of controller-S except there's no memory card slots in front...

i have no complain...

Back