Need some help with reburning converted us-->jap

okay i need to reburn (meaning i already have copies of said games) some games, but i have to rip them first and use that country code converter and burn them back. all i have is nero, and i didnt see any walkthrus in the help section. somebody want to walk me thru what id need to do real quick?

you need a burning program that will rip to bin/cue, like cdrwin, or another tool that will process nero images, like cdmage. there are no conversion tools that work directly on nero images.

You don't need CDMage.. just CDRwin

Extract data with CDRwin = make bin+cue

Patch with satcon = convert the region

Burn image with CDRwin = your new region patched copy of the game.

Keep in mind that at the moment neither SCDConv or ConvSCD are designed to work with BIN/CUE images. If you rip a BIN/CUE you'll need to find some tool that will extract an ISO and then re-insert it afterwards. It would probably be easier to rip it as ISO/WAV.

so what would i use to rip iso/wav? i know that easy cd did that didnt it? but im running xp so i cant use that.

Originally posted by mal+Feb 24, 2004 @ 11:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Feb 24, 2004 @ 11:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Feb 25, 2004 @ 01:58 PM

Patch with satcon = convert the region

Surely you mean SCDConv or perhaps ConvSCD.[/b]

Oopies - this is the Sega CD forum... :blush:

..um, yeeeaah. That's what I meant ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-Mask of Destiny
@Feb 24, 2004 @ 11:18 PM

Keep in mind that at the moment neither SCDConv or ConvSCD are designed to work with BIN/CUE images. If you rip a BIN/CUE you'll need to find some tool that will extract an ISO and then re-insert it afterwards. It would probably be easier to rip it as ISO/WAV.[/quote]

Yeah, forget my rip bin+cue thing.. your way is most correct ;)

Thank goodness BIN-CUE's can't be converted. I hope the never are. The only way to know if you've got a true version of a game that you've downloaded, is to have a bin-cue version, otherwise, you can't ever be sure.

As for making iso-mp3 rips, check out this site here:

http://www.segacd.org/guides.html

Just because an image is a bin/cue it doesn't mean that it's taken directly from an original. However, by looking at the cuesheet it's possible to tell. :)

Originally posted by deadearth+Feb 25, 2004 @ 09:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deadearth @ Feb 25, 2004 @ 09:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thank goodness BIN-CUE's can't be converted. I hope the never are. The only way to know if you've got a true version of a game that you've downloaded, is to have a bin-cue version, otherwise, you can't ever be sure.

As for making iso-mp3 rips, check out this site here:

http://www.segacd.org/guides.html[/b]

:agree But it's only hard to tell whether you got an authentic European Mega CD rip. If it boots up with the Sega CD bios in Gens then you have the Sega CD version no question. Why? Because those SCD region converters mentioned can't patch EUR to USA (IIRC). But yeah, I understand where you are coming from ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-mal
@Feb 25, 2004 @ 11:09 PM

Just because an image is a bin/cue it doesn't mean that it's taken directly from an original. However, by looking at the cuesheet it's possible to tell. :)[/quote]

Right on! :devil

Because those SCD region converters mentioned can't patch EUR to USA (IIRC).

Mine (convscd) can. However, my tool also leaves behind a watermark of sorts so you can tell its been modified.

Well, at least you can still tell it's been patched :cool: Did you solve your problem, Dyne?

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Feb 26, 2004 @ 08:43 AM

Because those SCD region converters mentioned can't patch EUR to USA (IIRC).

Mine (convscd) can. However, my tool also leaves behind a watermark of sorts so you can tell its been modified.

What's this watermark you speak of?

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Feb 26, 2004 @ 10:30 AM

Well, at least you can still tell it's been patched :cool: Did you solve your problem, Dyne?

havnt gotten around to trying it yet. been working too much. i did get nti cd maker tho.

Originally posted by deadearth@Feb 26, 2004 @ 10:57 PM

What's this watermark you speak of?

If you open the ISO in a hex editor you'll find a text string, MoD followed by a letter representing the original region of the disc. Addresses are as follows:

U -> E: 0x772

U -> J: 0x35A

E -> J: 0x35A

E -> U: 0x7B6

J -> U: 0x7B6

J -> E: 0x7A0

On the conversions that leave enough extra space, there is also a string along the lines of "This game was adapted for use in <insert country here> consoles using convscd, a program by Michael Pavone"

What a cool idea. :thumbs-up:

Does convscd tell you if you've got an image that's previously been altered?

Not yet, but I plan to add that in the next version as well as the ability to back out the modifications.

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Feb 27, 2004 @ 02:49 PM

Not yet, but I plan to add that in the next version as well as the ability to back out the modifications.

That would be much appreciated. It's still hard to tell what region the game originally was :(

Eg:

Say you have a Sega CD game and you load up convscd and load the image. You can then say that the source region is supposed to be japanese, then you convert it to europe. Now, when you load the converted image in convscd again it will say the source region was Japan instead of USA.

Edit:

But as Curtis said in another thread - you can the product number is displayed when you load the game in scdconv - so even if you attempted the example above, the product number would still be that of the American version. :)

Mask of Destiny: It would be great if you could include the product info and date info the next version of convscd :thumbs-up:

Originally posted by CrazyGoon

Eg:

Say you have a Sega CD game and you load up convscd and load the image. You can then say that the source region is supposed to be japanese, then you convert it to europe. Now, when you load the converted image in convscd again it will say the source region was Japan instead of USA.

You have confused me. If you mean, multiple conversions with convscd will lose the original information this is no longer true since it will refuse to convert an already converted ISO (at least in the latest version). Future versions will back out the changes and then do the conversion.

Mask of Destiny: It would be great if you could include the product info and date info the next version of convscd

This is doable.

Back