Neo Geo in the EU...

Hello.

Which is the best & most reliable store/seller in the EU to order a NEO GEO AES system & two classic square Joysticks?

It’s been said that http://www.japangamesnow.com/ (US based) is supposed to provide the best services as far as SNK systems go, but I live in the EU, & I would like to avoid paying heavy taxes in customs when the package arrives, so I’m in search of a shop/seller based in the EU.

Is this UK store any good?

http://www.videogamecentre.co.uk/

Thanks in advance.

If you want an AES, your best bet is to import one from Japan (or the US). Anything you find in Europe is going to be imported anyway, so you're probably better off doing it yourself and not paying the premium. I mean I don't know what kind of taxes you're looking at from customs, but 289UKP for a plain Neo (albeit with memory card) is pretty damn expensive.

Actually I called the guy & he said that he sold the memory card separately!

So it's just the NEOGEO console (Serial 117957) & one classic Square joystick.

Yeah, it is very expensive.

I asked the local customs here, they said that anything from the US or Japan will have to pass through customs & there will be taxes laid upon it, including a hell of a lot of fuss & frustration for the whole procedure.

So I might end up paying as much as much as I would, by buying that expensive NEOGEO from the UK.

By the way, is the NEOGEO CD joypad compatible with the NEOGEO AES system?

Is it about the same size & weight as a standard SNES / Genesis pad?

It is compatible (same pinout). I don't know about the feel; I've never used one. Supposedly it's pretty good, but you can't beat the stick IMO. Also note that tototek sells an adapter that will let you use a PS/PS2 pad on your Neo. I did that for a while before I could find a second joystick for mine.

BTW, can't you just have the seller declare a low value for the item so that customs taxes are minimal?

Neogeo AES were officially distributed in France.

I do not know in wich country you are living ST Dragon but you can try ebay.fr.

Originally posted by it290@Wed, 2005-10-12 @ 07:47 PM

It is compatible (same pinout). I don't know about the feel; I've never used one. Supposedly it's pretty good, but you can't beat the stick IMO. Also note that tototek sells an adapter that will let you use a PS/PS2 pad on your Neo. I did that for a while before I could find a second joystick for mine.

BTW, can't you just have the seller declare a low value for the item so that customs taxes are minimal?

[post=140658]Quoted post[/post]​

I live in Greece by the way.

Yeah I could, but if the guys at the Greek Customs, decide that the price declared by the seller is too low, they will put a price that suits them them selves!

Yes Greek customs are very corrupted.

@ZikZak

What do you mean by "officially distributed in France."?

Hasn't the NEOGEO been stopped from production?

Do you know any good shop in France by the way?

Thanks never the less.

I'll try ebay.fr.

I personally wouldn't recommend any place for the Neo products other than http://www.neo-geo.com/ as that is where I buy all my Neo items from, and I also use eBay for the MVS carts. I dont know about buying them where you live though.... sorry. :(

and as for the Neo CD controll pads, yes they are cool and very nice for shooter games, they seem to crap out on me constantly leaving a white buildup of plastic around the controller port and it stops responding after a month of good everyday use. I myself have gone through about 10 Neo CD pads... yet my good ol square SNK joysticks last FOREVER!! So its up to you really, if you wanna buy a new neo cd pad every month to keep it going "Click, Click, Click" then its your choice, but after like the 10th cd pad I bought I decided to just use the good ol sticks. Im tired of replacing the cd pads now. :(

oh and to the person who says not to get a memory card, Your Crazy!! The vast majority of Neo's games are best when using the MC. Unless you got a way to cheat the game allready like a Debug Chip, then the MC is a very nice item indeed. even with the Debug Chip I still use my Memory Card for a ton of games on my AES. Sadly it is true you cant really just go to the arcade anymore and use it on the nearest Neo machine to show off to everyone that you play the Neo at home, but it is still good for saving many games, hell playing the RPG mode of Riding Hero is a good enough reason to have a Memory Card for the Neo. Aint nobody sits through that game all the way through......

Yeah... if you actually thing Riding Hero is a good game. Although I will admit I have used the memory card for Baseball Stars 2 and King of the Monsters. It's pretty useless for most fighters and the slug games though. (although the level select screen in Metal Slug X is pretty neat)

Originally posted by ST Dragon@Fri, 2005-10-14 @ 03:33 PM

@ZikZak

What do you mean by "officially distributed in France."?

Hasn't the NEOGEO been stopped from production?

Do you know any good shop in France by the way?

Thanks never the less.

I'll try ebay.fr.

[post=140706]Quoted post[/post]​

If I remember well, Sodipeng was the name.

This company was also responsible for the official release of the PC Engine in France.

There are shop selling Neogeo but the price is very expensive :

http://www.neoayato.com/

http://www.japan-type.com/ (currently moving to another hosting)

Back