Neo Geo oldstyle stick vs. Sega Virtua Stick (jpn)

it290

Established Member
Which do you prefer? I lean slightly towards the Virtua Stick, because it has a slightly better stick and nicer buttons. OTOH, though, the Neo stick is a bit lighter and more ergonomic. I also prefer the looks of the Virtua Stick, although the Neo stick is a bit classier.

I am going to refrain from voting because it all depends on what context each is being used for. If it is neo exclusive games (4 button) then the neo stick wins.

I like the new neo stick for the PS2 but the extra buttons are too tiny to be useful on non-snk games.

i like the neo stick simply becuase it is familiar and i like the distance and layout of the buttons. (i.e. four in a row as opposed to 3 in a row)

Originally posted by Berty@Tue, 2005-03-29 @ 05:04 AM

If it is neo exclusive games (4 button) then the neo stick wins.

[post=132260]Quoted post[/post]​

I disagree with the belief that the NeoGeo stick doesn't perform well at Capcom/ non-Neogeo games. Most fighting games don't use more than 4 buttons, and aside from the new Atomiswave KOF (which has a fifth button implemented for switching between 'heat' mode), I can't think of any other fighting game that uses more than 4 buttons.

Nevertheless, I won't vote, since I haven't tried either sticks :p

I'm referring to the sticks being used on their original systems, ie the Neo Geo and the Saturn.

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Tue, 2005-03-29 @ 01:44 PM

I can't think of Most fighting games don't use more than 4 buttons, and aside from the new Atomiswave KOF (which has a fifth button implemented for switching between 'heat' mode), I can't think of any other fighting game that uses more than 4 buttons.

[post=132268]Quoted post[/post]​

Um... street fighter, killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat?

Show pics!! What do you mean by Virtua Stick JP? There were two models a crappy one and a slightly less crappy one, I think the best one was the Namco stick for the PSX (black with yellow buttons) and the DC stick.

I'm referring to this one:

SAT_ACC_VirtuaStickJap.jpg

The DC Agetec stick is actually the same stick, just rebadged and with a Saturn-DC converter inside.

Dunno but from what I heard that stick was un-modable so no use for it :/ The agetec on the other hand its possible to upgrade with a nice sanwa stick.

personally, i find that the Neo Geo arcade stick are more comfortable. but i voted: SEGA Virtua Stick.

reason: coz it's by SEGA. lol.

Back