NeoCD on Dreamcast

Alexvrb

Established Member
Several coders have been working on porting the SDL version of NeoCD to Dreamcast as of late. There's a thread about it in the DCEmu dev section here and a larger thread about the 3rd release of it here.

Wow, looks like there's a fourth release already. Sound still doesn't work, but CDDA does and it runs a decent amount of games. Soon we could say that we've got most of the KOF series on DC. :D

You have to admit though it's in awesome shape considering it's only been in development for about 3 weeks now (ported from a PC version)

Originally posted by vbt@Apr 12, 2004 @ 12:38 PM

I hope it will also accept ROMs :)

Most NG ROMs are way too big to fit in memory, so nobody has bothered. But there are a decent amount of good games with NGCD versions, such as Metal Slug 1+2, and a bunch of KOF games.

What is the speed like on this emulator? Don't get me wrong, this is awesome stuff, I never expected the format to be emulated on the Dreamcast, I just generally like to wait until it's at a playable state.

Depends on game, but if Metal Slug 2 runs at around 50% without sound, its already decently fast. Some games are full speed. But sound isn't working yet.

It's definitely playable w/frameskip. Metal slug 1 is probably at about 75% or so with the latest version, I'd say. Viewpoint is like 150% speed.

From what I understand, once the auto frame skip is fully implemented, it will act as a frame limiter as well.

Make that 6.5, deadeye! :p No seriously, they've been doing some amazing work on this thing. I mean look at the speed of their progress!

Back