So far its pretty bare-bones.

[attachment=7689:lolcats-funny-pictures-gmone-cat.jpg]

Attachments

• lolcats-funny-pictures-gmone-cat.jpg
    lolcats-funny-pictures-gmone-cat.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 90
I like it a lot
smile.gif

About the colour theme, I was fan of the dark and Sega blue one ... I don't know what's needed to build a theme though.

Update : there's some strange things happening in the messenger, maybe related to the fact that the max number of messages is now 50 (it was a bit more before IIRC)

So the messages aren't sorted by date, and there's another addressee to each one of them ( (and 1 other) under every addressee) ... not sure how to fix that though
tongue.gif

It's going to take a while to get used to, I guess.

I managed to log in yesterday without issues, but today I could not stay logged in. Deleting the segaxtreme.net cookies seems to have helped.

antime said:
It's going to take a while to get used to, I guess.

I managed to log in yesterday without issues, but today I could not stay logged in. Deleting the segaxtreme.net cookies seems to have helped.

My bad on that. When I initially set up the boards I set up the cookie domain incorrectly, and later fixed it. You must have logged in previous to the fix.

For the PMs, I think that's honestly related to the imported data. If you send/receive new PMs, they're sorted correctly.

As for the theme, this is currently the default theme with our logo. I haven't worked on a custom theme yet -- personally, I liked the darker theme from way back too.

Well tonight I've been playing with the styles and decided to try some dark blue colours. The colours are really hard to pick with the RGB codes so if you want any of them adjusted then let me know. Here's what I used;

Background: 106090

body text: cccccc

Thread summary row 1: 201050 & 201040

Thread summary row 2: 201040 & 201030

Post background: 201030

Post header and footer background: 201060

Post quote background: c0d0ff

Post quote text: 777777

Post quote header background: 8090ff

Post quote header text: 2b3730

Link: 20d000

Link hover: 20ff00

Link visited: 20b000

In the bottom left corner of the page there is a pull down menu which should be displaying 'sxtheme'. Change it to 'IP.Board' to revert the original theme.

As long as you're tweaking the visuals, the "Mark Board As Read" and other links at the bottom of the page are nearly invisible right now.

Kuta said:
Well tonight I've been playing with the styles and decided to try some dark blue colours. The colours are really hard to pick with the RGB codes so if you want any of them adjusted then let me know. Here's what I used;

Background: 106090

body text: cccccc

Thread summary row 1: 201050 & 201040

Thread summary row 2: 201040 & 201030

Post background: 201030

Post header and footer background: 201060

Post quote background: c0d0ff

Post quote text: 777777

Post quote header background: 8090ff

Post quote header text: 2b3730

Link: 20d000

Link hover: 20ff00

Link visited: 20b000

I'd like to test some styles myself too, as I would like to get close to some color schemes we used in the past ...

Is there a way so I can add / preview a skin myself ? I'm in a tweaking mood
smile.gif

Well I turned the background black so you can read that text and I've also tried to change the colours so they don't look so violet. So how is it now?

It's a bit better
smile.gif

But I'm a bit annoyed about green links ... could you try :

Link: f5f5ff // light gray

Link hover: d9a91a // orange

Could you also change this :

body .maintitle {

background: #5C7099 ...

/* Table column headers */

.header {

background: #869bbf;

#branding {

background: #000000;

We'll see if it's better
smile.gif

There's still some stuff to see (like the row colors), but we'll look after this later
wink.gif

When using the "Mark Board As Read" link I sometimes get this error:

[#20312] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

antime said:
When using the "Mark Board As Read" link I sometimes get this error:

I just marked the whole forum as read using the link. I did not once get this error.

Could be related to the groups, anyone else in the Moderators group have this problem?

I can't look at actual perms now, I'm supposed to be working.
wink.gif

dibz said:
Could be related to the groups, anyone else in the Moderators group have this problem?

I can't look at actual perms now, I'm supposed to be working.
wink.gif
Seems to work for me. I didn't actually log in again until today; maybe there is/was a cookie mixup?

Runik said:
It's a bit better
smile.gif

But I'm a bit annoyed about green links ... could you try :

Link: f5f5ff // light gray

Link hover: d9a91a // orange

Could you also change this :

We'll see if it's better
smile.gif

There's still some stuff to see (like the row colors), but we'll look after this later
wink.gif

Whle we're on the subject of styles, how do you think the wiki should look. Keep the light styles like white and grey or would it be better with a dark theme like the forums?

Ok guys, I've done a new skin for the forums (sx_revival), could you test it and tell me if you like it, or what should be done to improve it ? I will replace default IPBoard icons by Sega ones as soon as I understand how it works
smile.gif

Kuta said:
Whle we're on the subject of styles, how do you think the wiki should look. Keep the light styles like white and grey or would it be better with a dark theme like the forums?

Personally I think that we should be coherent between the two ... but the default style looks also nice.

yeah, the style looks good as it is but there will be a contrast between the Wiki and the Forums. Having a dark background however might make it more difficult to make things look good on screen. We're going to have things like screen shots and pictures with white backgrounds so not sure what would look best in that situation.

Back