New Project

mrkotfw

Mid Boss
Hi, i'm coding a demo/game. and i'm wondering if anyone would like to help me code the game... it's not going to be a dead project like the one we tried started already. this demo/game already had code written and i have written a working demo/game example with small sound effects. if anyone is interested and would love to stay loyal.... HEH :) :banana :cheers

What sort of game/demo is it ? A game and a demo are not the same thing at all.

If you want somebody (me) to help you, you should describe your game/demo more precisely..

Ah yes, it's going to have a few screens:

Code:
1) - loading screen

2) - instructions (on how to play)

3) - the game

in the game there will be a christmas theme or we can't finish it before dec. 25. 2003 then we'll change the graphics. the game will have a small character trying to catch as many presents or sega saturns as fast as she can before Grinch takes all the presents(?) or the sony psx takes all the saturns away :huh:

it will have sound, i implemeted sound already, the first 2 are almost complete. what i really need in this demo is CD FUNCTIONS because this demo will be over 5mb? (PCM sounds,CEL,MAP,PAL gfx)

there is a complete demostration on how the game is going to be:

http://ss_snk_359.atheos.net/sl.bin.old

and if you're wondering why not just use that old game and just change the gfx? well it doesn't work on real hardware so i restarted it.

if you're looking for the source code to contribute anything please just PM!

that is all :)

Oh, I see, it's not a game: it's a "sonic steals a ring"-like interactive demo.

I have some work left for floupix ping pong myself, so I have no time for it; but if you have some precise questions, don't hesitate to post here.

no, its a game alright.... in the sl.bin.old i used some sounds,gfx from other places to fill them in (later im going to find better graphics for the final) there are the menu screens etc... then the interactive game... well what i really need is:

1) graphics (I can probably do a few myself, simple stuff)

2) someone to help me with the cd functions (e.g: build the isos for me, because i cant)

3) someone to test in real hardware

thats all

Originally posted by Piratero@Dec 13, 2003 @ 11:12 PM

1) graphics (I can probably do a few myself, simple stuff)

2) someone to help me with the cd functions (e.g: build the isos for me, because i cant)

3) someone to test in real hardware

i can make ISOs and also perform test with my commcard.

well I'm a bit late for previous test :blush:. I will try to perform the test during the week.

Mr. Piratero :: MRP-MC

Author: Mr. Piratero

Console: Sega Saturn

Email: el_piratero-[at]-hotmail-[dot]-com

Screenshot: http://ss_snk_359.atheos.net/ss-3.jpg

Demo: http://ss_snk_359.atheos.net/destruya_psx.zip

Description: Try to catch as many Saturns as you can before The Sony PSX devours you!

What is needed: a 24bit 64x64 polar bear, and 640x480 splash screen. Here is an idea of what is exactly needed:

The polar bear will have angel wings... white and pink wings. Of course there will

be animated wings. The bear is to have a dopey look. His Stature can resemble: http://remon.btoy1.net/icons/bluc/linux-penguin.png.

Of course style can be either FF3/6 style or a heavily shaded style. The splash screen can be anything your heart desires as long

as it meets the requirements: must be 256 colors and at a resolution of 640x480 and has to look good :]. The wording will be: `MRP-MC`

if any questions come up please pm in iRC (My nick is Piratero, in EFNET.) or contact me trough email. :rolleyes: ;) :p

P.S. A graffiti style to the splash screen would be nice :blush:

Ghetto splash screen, check!

mrpmc_splash.jpg

Well here's some news, i fixed a few things, nothing diffrent... added new sprites and downsampled the 800kb exe bin to a small ~230kb exe bin ... had to remove sound :( :( :( -- if anyone wants to contribute... post away :) i'll post a new version of the sl.bin soon as soon as i get home...

if anyone with a PAR/ACTION REPLAY could please upload the exe binary to the saturn.... no screenshots,videos are mandatory (but it would be nice ;)) a good description would be good. :devil

Hey Nesc, you're lucky I'm on holidays from tomorrow to the 05/01/2003. It's sure i'll do it tomorrow ;)

:blush: Me too! see, i seriously have got to get the game running, iso'd and up in the hardware. VBT could you maybe log onto IRC (USA,WESTERN TIME) and i'll post beta exe bin files. ;)

Code:
Server: EFNET

Nick: Piratero

Channel: #segaxtreme

Back