New Season/Direction of Stargate SG-1

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Anybody watching the new season of Stargate SG-1?

How do you think the new direction of the show is going?

Personally I am loving it, seems fresh and exciting.

I think it's shaping up to be pretty good too. I thought seasons 7 and 8 were pretty lazy, from a writing and acting perspective.

My only gripe is that there are too many ex-Farscape characters on screen for it to feel right. Hopefully Vala will disappear for a while now this story arc has reached a conclusion.

I just watched the third episode and I think it is off to a good start to the final season. I thought Season 8 was the last season until just recently and I was happy to hear I was wrong. I was, however, dissapointed to hear that RDA wouldn't be back for this season but these episodes still held up well enough without him (and Amanda tapping) being a major part. I guess there just is a good solid foundation to the series that would be difficult to mess up. I'm not too fond of the new 'bad guys' but I guess they had to come up with some new enemy to focus on. As mentioned by Curtis, the set seems to be a bit crowded... SG-1 seems to have become a haven for actors from fallen Sci-Fi shows. Not that they are bad or anything, it'll just take a bit getting used to.

Originally posted by Ammut@Tue, 2005-08-02 @ 07:00 PM

SG-1 seems to have become a haven for actors from fallen Sci-Fi shows. Not that they are bad or anything, it'll just take a bit getting used to.

[post=137756]Quoted post[/post]​

Heh yeah. We've got "Skinner" form the X-Files in Atlantis, and towards the end of season 8 Adam Baldwin (Jayne from Firefly) made an appearance. Actually Baldwin would have been a good RDA replacement, IMO.

Back