New SEGA PS2 gamepads

SurfWave

segacontroller1sv.jpg

that thing is uuuugly.

doesn't exactly scream sega. but at least their making it easier for those of us who miss playing new sega games on sega consoles

Yeah, that blue bit on the top is pretty nasty. Controller looks okay ergo-wise, but I don't see any reason why it would be superior to the Logitech ones (unless the dpad is a lot better, but I find the Logitech's dpad to be pretty nice already).

I like the retro feel seems like it came out from the Mega Drive age. Yeah the d-pad looks a bit like the logitech's.

the top makes it look like a master system cart :p. I bet if the controller was white that blue wouldn't look so bad, but I think it could be done to look a lot better. This looks 10x more comfy than the standard PS2 pad, seems more smooth and like it'd feel better in yer hands. I have never played w/ logitechs so I don't know there.

The more sega the better I say...

I don't really have a problem with the controller. I just think Sega waited too late to release a PS2 controller, with the PS3 right around the corner. It might have sold better had they released it about 2 years ago.

I don't see whats the point of releasing this controller it doesn't do anything that the original Playstation controller doesn't do already.

I would have thought maybe a rearangement of the buttons to suit sega games or something but this just adds sega to the controller and thats it

bah, ya beat me to it. I just say that controller when browsing google. It gives turbo options and is wireless so it does have it's advantages.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mon, 2005-09-26 @ 08:35 PM

bah, ya beat me to it. I just say that controller when browsing google. It gives turbo options and is wireless so it does have it's advantages.

[post=139952]Quoted post[/post]​

hmm it seems so but turbo was one of the least used features on any controller i've bought and i dislike the idea of wireless because in theory wireless sounds good with no wires etc but then you have to worry about charging the controller

If they release a corded version, I'd buy it. Otherwise I might as well get the logitech pad. I don't like standard PS "d-pads". Or the analog sticks. Or anything about them, really. So it doesn't take much to be an improvement.

Back