New shoes...

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Well kids, I't s time for me to go buy sum new shoes. Since I dont play basketball as much as I used to, I have decided to venture into the wild unknown of skater shoes. Since all of this is new to me, I am wanting to knwo what are some of the best brands. These are sum of the qualities I am looking for.

- Durability: REAL important, I want ones that'll last and not fall apart.

- Weight: The lighter the better of course.....but not important enuf as to sacrifice

durability.

- Comfort: Which ones are most comfortable? I have real high arches in my feet

so the more arch support, the better.

I am here to take all suggestions....but try to back them up w/ sum talk or even concrete evidence. Thanks guys :).

I bought a pair of shoes at walmart for $10 2 years ago and I still use them everyday. Can't go wrong for that price. I think they are dr scholes or something like that, dunno.

Ok, I have been lookin around (emerica, DC, and etnies) and have come to ones I liek the best (while still being able to be easily cleaned...) and here they are:

Etnies Vallely model - white/grey/red

white_grey_red.jpg

Are Etnies a good brand of shoes? Anything good/bad about em?

Not skater shoes, but just suggestions...

Try Diadoras instead. They're slick, and they last a very long time.

I'm also a big fan of K-Swiss. They have stupid commercials, but fantastic shoes. And they aren't plastered with 'ads' like Nike and Reeboks.

They're not basketball or skater shoes by any stretch of the imagination, but I couldn't live without my Doc Martens.

not a big fan of martens. I dont liek the look and they are too pricey for my tastes, haha.

Congratz on yer 6k post! you are WAY ahead of me, haha.

My 2 pairs of Sketchers have lasted a few years now.

They are more towards dress shoes, but I love them.

Very durable.

I like a good pair of Vans myself. They seem to work pretty well. As far as skate shoes go, I'm also partial to Hook-Ups, which are quite comfortable, but not quite as durable as Vans.

I am also partial to my converse Hightops. If you can pull of the Anthony Michael Hall "I'm a sexy loser" look then I say go for em

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mar 31, 2004 @ 01:39 PM

not a big fan of martens. I dont liek the look and they are too pricey for my tastes, haha.

Congratz on yer 6k post! you are WAY ahead of me, haha.

Fair enough.

I like how they look and they're super comfortable too. They do cost a bit, but then they last for years. :)

Oh yeah, IIRC the Pope wears them too, and what's good for the Pope must be good for me too. ;)

Attachments

• popedope.jpg
    popedope.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 72
  • popedope.jpg
    popedope.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 65
  • popedope.jpg
    popedope.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 61
Do you guys have Globe in the US? Check out globeshoes.com. Definetly my favourite brand and THE most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Check out the Mumfords...my personal fav.

None of these other shoes have spinners. You people wouldn't know good shoes if they ran up to you and kicked you in the ass. It's all about the chrome. Or the zippers in the tongue.

Osiris D3. The daddy of skate shoes. They've lasted me a year of hard skating. Unlike Vans which fall to bits after weeks.

So for normal wear, they last for ever. and They got air soles... and feel like walking on air!

Ummmm, I am white and I know I am. Therefore, I dont wear anything related to spinners.

<~~~~~~~~likes his shoes free of spreewells

To each their own though....I'll for sure go check out the globe site.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Mar 31, 2004 @ 12:04 PM

I like those D3's, but not as much as the etnies.

I didn't liek any of the Osiris shoes :-\.

I didnt like em when the dude in the Skate store showed me em, but when I tried them on I loved them. Shame my grip tape has worn my soles smooth.

Back