Next contest and the web page

Here's how I see the simple webpage for the saturn dev contests :

- current contest :

* announce (theme, prices)

* dates (begining, submissions, end)

* entries (screenshots, descriptions, manuals, current state, downloads)

* voting (when the dates are ok) / results + commentaries

* downloads (all entries in one cd, individual isos, sources, manuals)

- past contests : the same for each contest + results

- maybe a news sections

I think I must stay simple and provide direct acces to isos and sources

We have the space and support just about all forms of web programming. Just need someone to do it.

Well, first i´ve made a board where you can add your software and where users can rate this software....

Just let us start with that and if we see that this is not enough for it i can setup a whole site (not board) for it, but that will take more time...

Have a look at:

http://www.sega-network.de/sdc/

I had a look at the SDC board. It's a cool thing, so everyone has his own WIP discussion. I like that you posted info on swap trick and other stuff that's good to know. And you realized the importance of a README ;) . The only thing needed could be a short first start tutorial for new developers(that uses the new KPIT compiler <- important).

Thanks for your work, Mr. Saturn.

What do you think about that people who want to could donate prizes like you did? I would want to donate something...

Nice forum, but, as djidjo wrote, this dev central board is all we need to talk about dev. As for the docs and resources, I feel happy with the saturn dev pages here and antime's site. Just put links, we don't need redondancy.

The board you wrote could be used to talk about the progs we make, but I think what we need is more simple. Mainly, for each contest: a description page, another one to download the progs, iso, sources, etc and a page for the voting.

Tell me if you need some help.

Originally posted by vreuzon@Oct 15, 2003 @ 12:16 AM

The board you wrote could be used to talk about the progs we make, but I think what we need is more simple. Mainly, for each contest: a description page, another one to download the progs, iso, sources, etc and a page for the voting.

As Iceman says, all of that can easily be done here at SX. :huh

The problem here is, that the whole contest, programs etc... are shared by 2 or more forums (i.e. News, developers Central and Saturn)

On the SDC board which is especially for homemade software every program, tool or game has its own thread, where the developer of it can post updates, get feedback of users (including their votes) and more...

It is just the whole thing in 1 site...

SX may be good for a contest, but i think that´s not all why you should make software for Saturn or Mega CD....

Just put your software there and many people will have fun with it!

But i will make a real SITE for this, it will take some time but i think this will be fun for everyone here, maybe we can use this board for talking about the software then!

SX may be good for a contest, but i think that´s not all why you should make software for Saturn or Mega CD....

Just put your software there and many people will have fun with it!

But i will make a real SITE for this, it will take some time but i think this will be fun for everyone here, maybe we can use this board for talking about the software then!

I don't understand what you mean.

In the contest rules of http://www.sega-network.de/sdc/

- All registered users are allowed to rate the software by clicking the rating box at the end of the appropriate thread (only 1 vote per member is possible so think about your score)

- After a given period of time all programs available will be checked by 2 or more judges, who will decide which software is the best depending on graphics, usability, creativity and programming itself

- The votes by the members will affect the final score

One vote by thread and one thread by software, right ? I believe it won't be very usable. I don't see the point in having the programs and description encapsulated in a post, and having the voting in other posts, but if it's ok for everyone here, it'll be ok for me too.

Originally posted by vreuzon@Oct 15, 2003 @ 10:11 AM

In the contest rules of http://www.sega-network.de/sdc/

- All registered users are allowed to rate the software by clicking the rating box at the end of the appropriate thread (only 1 vote per member is possible so think about your score)

- After a given period of time all programs available will be checked by 2 or more judges, who will decide which software is the best depending on graphics, usability, creativity and programming itself

- The votes by the members will affect the final score

One vote by thread and one thread by software, right ? I believe it won't be very usable. I don't see the point in having the programs and description encapsulated in a post, and having the voting in other posts, but if it's ok for everyone here, it'll be ok for me too.

For example: One thread called Vreuzon´s leSpin with description of the game, screenshots, manual, download link and every registered member can rate your program in the same thread!

And if they want they can give comments in the same thread...where is the problem there?

This way every developer has its own thread(s) for his/her program(s) and all comments and ratings in one thread!

You can even post updates on the prgram in that same thread!

And that is what i mentioned before, that here at SX you can post your program but you loosing overview when others posting in that thread, talking about other software, and everything else. AT SDC you have your own area for your software!

Ok. I still think that it will only be confusing for people who are not familiar with the site and just want to try some games or apps, but there is no better way to know than trying it, so let's try with your forums.

I still fail to see why such a move is necessary. :huh

I believe everything that you propose could easily be done here...

I agree with Mal. This is a fine place for such discussion. A contest site would be a better place for things like keeping track of the entries and possibly screenshots, etc. But for discussion, this would be a more convenient place. We're already here, aren't we? :D

Back