Nintendo releases more info about "Revolution"

* Nintendo is planning to reveal the next generation console codenamed "Revolution" at E3 2005

*Nintendo's next console will be able to hook up to both PC monitor and TV sets, the machine will more innovative ideas on hardware and software, which separate it from the competitors

from the magic box

That is going to always be Nintendo's strong point. They innovate. Microsoft uses a stripped done PC. Sony just throws together a half ass machine. They can do whatever they want. Millions will buy it cause it says SONY. Nintendo is the gamers machine. I hope they continue to do better.

Since day one everyones ripped something from Nintendo, even PSX is a rip of SNES (with the CD-Rom add-on), I remember when the rumble pak came out for the N64 there was nothing like it Nintendo was always pro gamers.

Ya, they were, Sega also. M$ and Sony just really lack any innovation and anything new. COme to think of it, this last gen pretty much sucked, what new innovative stuff came out? Animal Crossing kinda, came out on N64 in Jap. Any others?

ms lacks innovation? id say the hdd (even tho its never used the way it was meant to, ala streaming info to basically eliminate loading) and custom soundtracks are pretty badass, not to mention Live in general.

Don't get carried away with innovation guys.. you don't need to make extra reasons why not to play certain games - just play the ones that provide good entertainment..

I would say the HDD for the XBOX isn't really innovative, since it's what you already have with PC's anyway, but that doesn't mean that it's not a good idea, or that I'm not going to enjoy the benefits that the HDD poses.

And remember that Sega and Nintendo have always developed their own games for their consoles (as well as employing third parties), where as Sony and MS just buy up the most third parties as they can - and consequently don't have many (any?) first party titles. Saying that MS or Sony is innovative is near impossible since they hardly develop games for thier consoles. Ya know? :p

When a good game is released on either the GC, PS2, or XBOX, I don't go "Well done Nintendo/ Sony/ MS", it's more like "Well done <game developer>". Whether the game is innovative or not is irrelevant.

I think I've said enough :D Tootles

I don't play things based on the console either. I own almost every major console from the NES/SMS through the GC/PS2/XBOX. Hell I even have an Atari 2600. However, I think their is more potential with the GC. I have XBox and PS2 games that I love. But in both cases, none of the game are Sony or MS. Nintendo makes some awesome extras for the GC. GBA conectivity, the bongos, the wave bird, even the mic looks to be getting some good use. And they also make some very unique games.

Back