nirvana fans

there's been some increased buz about the box set being realeased in nov with from what some say reliable sources giving the info about the release.

September 3, 2004

This is it, guys. The best news I've been able to post since this website started some eight years ago ... A Nirvana box set will be released on November 23, 2004. This is the box we've been waiting for since the rumours about it first started more than six years ago. It will include 3 CD's and one DVD, featuring "previously unreleased rarities and b-sides. Over 50 unreleased recordings including Kurt Cobain's demos". The DVD will also contain unseen footage and live performances. And, the whole thing comes with a 60-page booklet! I know this sounds just about too good to be true but here is the official info and all I know about the project right now:

NIRVANA BOX SET - 3 CD & 1 DVD

Street Date: Nov. 23, 2004

Features the hits, live performances, previously unreleased rarities and b-sides

Over 50 unreleased recordings including Kurt Cobain's demos

Hours of unheard music and unseen footage

Features a 60 page booklet. DVD with first edition only

3-panel digipack, front cover is a metal plate

Closed size is 26cm x 14.5cm x 2.5cm. Open size is 81cm x 14.5cm

I don't have pricing, artwork or tracklistings at this time but hopefully that will be available soon. I also don't know yet, if any singles, promos or videos will be released in connection with the box. All I do know is that what millions of Nirvana fans have been waiting for since 1997 or so is finally here. I really have no idea what recordings they have used to compile this set. Indeed, some of the Cobain demos must come from all the cassette tapes that he apparently left behind. The band also did a number of studio sessions which yielded songs that have yet to be released - although much of this material is already circulating amongst fans. It will certainly also be interesting to see what the DVD has to offer; perhaps Nirvana's music videos and some live stuff. It seems unlikely from the description that an entire concert is presented on the DVD. It's probably clips from various shows. In any case, this is a great day for Nirvana fans

source http://www.nirvanaclub.com/news.html (i read their message boards and am a member there so tech that's my source but i clipped the above mentioned stuff from their news section)

hell ya now that i'm no longer a poor teen i can finally afford to buy their cds woooowhooo. lol when i was a teen i coudln't afford them so i was stuck listening to them on the radio so i was a fan but i wasn't one of those fans who had all their cds and listened to them all the time. ya it'll be good i downloaded all the bootlegs i could find on the net and think it'd be great to have them on an official cd so i'll be ordering it as soon as i can.

October 29, 2004

Ladies and gentlemen. The tracklisting is here. As a world exclusive, Q Magazine will bring the full tracklisting and an early review of the box in their December 2004 issue (#221) as part of an article entitled "Last Testament. The Nirvana boxset. Kurt Cobain's curtain call."

This is the first review in the world of the boxset, I believe. And indeed, the article includes the tracklisting which has not been made available before. The tracklisting doesn't specify where the songs are from - as in the source session or performance. However, I have tried to provide that information when possible, based on educated guesses and extensive knowledge of the Nirvana recordings. Please note that this source information is mostly speculation and by no means confirmed officially. Some sessions I'm sure of, while in other cases I've used the word "possibly" to mark uncertainty. The source info is only intended to be used as reference. Though, the listing of actual song titles should be 100% accurate. Here we go...

CD 1:

1. Heartbreaker (3/87 house party in Raymond, WA)

2. Anorexorcist (4/17/87 KAOS Radio session in Olympia, WA)

3. White Lace And Strange (4/17/87 KAOS Radio session in Olympia, WA)

4. Help Me I'm Hungry

5. Mrs Butterworth

6. If You Must (1/23/88 studio session in Seattle, WA)

7. Pen Cap Chew (1/23/88 studio session in Seattle, WA)

8. Downer

9. Floyd The Barber

10. Raunchola (1/23/88 live performance in Tacoma, WA)

11. Moby Dick (1/23/88 live performance in Tacoma, WA)

12. Beans (home recording 1987-1988)

13. Don't Want It All (possibly home recording 1987-1988)

14. Clean Up Before She Comes (home recording 1987-1988)

15. Polly (solo) (possibly home recording 1987-1988)

16. About A Girl (possibly home recording 1987-1988)

17. Blandest (June-September 1988 studio session in Seattle, WA)

18. Dive (Most likely from June 1989 session at Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA)

19. They Hung Him On A Cross (most likely from August 1989 studio session in Seattle, WA)

20. Grey Goose (August 1989 studio session in Seattle, WA)

21. Ain't It A Shame (August 1989 studio session in Seattle, WA)

22. Token Eastern Song (September 1989 studio session in Seattle, WA)

23. Even In His Youth (September 1989 studio session in Seattle, WA)

24. Polly (September 1989 studio session in Seattle, WA)

CD 2:

1. Opinion (09/25/90 KAOS Radio session in Olympia, WA)

2. Lithium (09/25/90 KAOS Radio session in Olympia, WA)

3. Been A Son

4. Sliver (possibly unfinished version from July 11, 1990 session in Seattle, WA)

5. Where Did You Sleep Last Night

6. Pay To Play (04/90 studio session in Madison, WI)

7. Here She Comes Now (04/90 studio session in Madison, WI)

8. Drain You (possibly from late 1990 demo)

9. Aneurysm (possibly from 01/01/91 studio session in Seattle, WA)

10. Smells Like Teen Spirit (demo) (possibly from March 1991 boombox demo)

11. Breed

12. Verse Chorus Verse (possibly from March 1991 boombox demo or from Sound City Studios May-June 1991)

13. Old Age (possibly from March 1991 boombox demo or from Sound City Studios May-June 1991)

14. Endless, Nameless (most likely from September 3, 1991 radio session)

15. Dumb (possibly from September 3, 1991 radio session)

16. D-7

17. Oh The Guilt (April 1992 studio session in Seattle, WA)

18. Curmudgeon (April 1992 studio session in Seattle, WA)

19. Return Of The Rat (April 1992 studio session in Seattle, WA)

20. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Butch Vig Mix) (Sound City Studios May-June 1991)

CD 3:

1. Rape Me (solo) (possibly from October 1992 studio session in Seattle, WA)

2. Rape Me (possibly from October 1992 studio session in Seattle, WA)

3. Scentless Apprentice (most likely from January 16, 1993 or January 23, 1993 show)

4. Heart Shaped Box (January 22, 1993 session in Rio, Brazil)

5. I Hate Myself And I Want To Die (January 22, 1993 session in Rio, Brazil)

6. Milk It (January 22, 1993 session in Rio, Brazil)

7. Moist Vagina (January 22, 1993 session in Rio, Brazil)

8. Gallons Of Running Alcohol Flows Through The Strip (January 22, 1993 session in Rio, Brazil)

9. The Other Improv (most likely from January 22, 1993 session in Rio, Brazil)

10. Serve The Servants

11. Very Ape (possibly from January 22, 1993 session in Rio, Brazil)

12. Pennyroyal Tea

13. Marigold (possibly March 1993 studio session)

14. Sappy aka Verse Chorus Verse (possibly March 1993 studio session)

15. Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam

16. Do Re Mi (Kurt Cobain home demo from March 1994)

17. You Know You're Right

18. All Apologies

DVD:

1. Love Buzz

2. Scoff

3. About A Girl

4. Big Long Now

5. Immigrant Song

6. Spank Thru

7. Hairspray Queen

8. School

9. Mr Moustache

10. Big Cheese

11. In Bloom

12. Sappy

13. School

14. Love Buzz

15. Pennyroyal Tea

16. Smells Like Teen Spirit

17. Territorial Pissings

18. Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam

19. Talk To Me

20. Seasons In The Sun

I believe the magazine will be published in a few days. The tracklisting appears on page 152 of the magazine. View a scan of it here. Also click here for a scan of the full article. A huge, huge thanks to Nick Beard for the info and scans. Also thanks to Andrew Johnson. More information and an analysis of the tracklisting will be posted shortly.

source http://www.nirvanaclub.com/news.html

Most of the songs, I've already heard, but my guess is because these were probably compiled from bootlegs and soundboard recordings. I'm surprised they didn't put in suicide samurai and my best friends girl in it though.

Nirvana is one of my favorite bands, and some of their live stuff is awesome. Finally, people will get to see how they really sounded at different times and places live, or through studio outtakes and demos, without having to bootleg them.

i downloaded do re mi and another song off of it i dont want to get them all since i spent money on the box but they're good songs IM me if anyone wants do re mi

ya 27.98. same here i'm going to go and camp out or at least get there 10 min before it opens anyone know when it opens(target that is)?

never mind found out it opens at 8 am

anyone know if walmart would sell the box at 12 tonight? i plan on going there and asking them for it and telling them how much it is in the target ad

bought mine at walmart for 27.98 wooowhoo walmart for having the best price mach policy ever.

breif review since i haven't listened to it all yet. the package is cool the inside changes colors with heat so far i liked what i've heard and that was only the first few songs on the 3rd cd also the booklet has some photos lol.

second take jesus doesn't want me for a sunbeam is really good on the 3rd cd. the chello really is nice basically it sounds almost sim to unplugged but with more chello.

Back