Not news, but an interesting rumor

You can get 1 gigabyte memory cards for the WII now and 2GIG is available from what i hear. If its emulation then the audio tracks can be turned to MP3. Most Saturn games aren't that big its the audio tracks that take up space. For example Sonic R is like 60 Megabytes but due to audio it bulks it up to about 500 Megs. If they were able to emulate it im betting audio tracks would be compressed.

Fighters MegaMix = 48 Megabytes Data and about 515 Megabytes audio. If audio was turned to Mp3 the game would be about 100 Megabytes overall.

So i cant see memory size being a problem.

Sure it could happen but I hope SEGA will release also SMS games, SEGA CD and 32x games.

I would love it to happen. But until there is an external HDD, its not gonna. The SD port can only be used to backeup data or load pic's. You can't actually play games for load game saves from it. I think SCD is more likely. And I would love it to happen. They recently announced that Neo Geo is being added.

I've been saying it for a long time. If Mega CD, Saturn, and Duo games are gonna be on the Wii (I believe Duo was announced along with PC-Engine last year), it's likely gonna have to be you need the actual physical discs for it to work.

Now that would rock. I love my cartridges, but they are a bitch to store. Discs are nice and easy. I bet Sega could write a decent emulator for SCD, Saturn and maybe even DC. I still wish Master System would be added to the Wii. They are doing NES and Genny. Why not add MS?

I'm hoping for Master System as well. We'll get Phantasy Star II, III, and IV eventually. Give us SMS, and then we can have the complete story.

schi0249 said:
I would love it to happen. But until there is an external HDD, its not gonna. The SD port can only be used to backeup data or load pic's. You can't actually play games for load game saves from it. I think SCD is more likely. And I would love it to happen. They recently announced that Neo Geo is being added.

Most technically speaking, you can use the Wii's SD port to run emulators. It's a hack, but I'm sure Nintendo could make a program to run extra large games.

That being said, I doubt they would since they could feasibly make a killing on adapters. I suppose it depends on the sales of VC games, whose numbers I've yet to see. I imagine it's doing well since they're releasing games on a weekly basis.

The idea of playing Samurai Shodown on the Wii is too exciting for words. I haven't purchased anything from the VC yet (waiting for SOR2, at the bare minimum).

I can't see the Wii downloading games that huge, even if there was a storage system. Depending on the connection speed, that could take hours, and you can't leave the VC Store to do or play something else while it goes. Everything else is so polished I couldn't see Nintendo making that big a gaffe.

Is the Saturn old enough though? Was it popular enough? I suppose if they have the Turbografx that's not a huge issue, I *think*.

The only down side to the Wii arcade is they are sticking w/ the original regional selections. So in Japan, they also have access to games never released in the US.

Back