ntsc2pal converter

I would love to see a program like this for dvds, because converting is a pain. I saw a pal/ntsc converter for ps2 on Suprnova, but that wouldn't work for movies :(

And if thats what you were looking for, backup talk is not allowed here for dc/ps2/xbox/gc.

---Ammut

Ammut converting DVD's between PAL and NTSC would be (and is) a major pain in the ass. The reason is that you HAVE TO reencode the video due to the two different frame rates and resolutions used by PAL and NTSC. I had to convert a bunch of PAL discs to NTSC and it took in excess of a day for each one. Not fun.

You can run NTSC games on PAL consoles (by patching its country code, it's kinda like DVD regions you change the region, but you can't change the video format), but you will suffer some side effects of running on a different video standard. eg. a NTSC on a PAL saturn, will run slower, and won't be fullscreen, and PAL on NTSC the game will run faster and the image won't fit on the screen, it's too big. lol

Still the same.

The only thing that the 5 in 1 will change is that you won't need to alter the region of any imports before playing them.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Apr 4, 2004 @ 06:30 AM

Ammut converting DVD's between PAL and NTSC would be (and is) a major pain in the ass. The reason is that you HAVE TO reencode the video due to the two different frame rates and resolutions used by PAL and NTSC. I had to convert a bunch of PAL discs to NTSC and it took in excess of a day for each one. Not fun.

How'd that work for you? Did you get micro-stuttering in the converted copy? I thought I read somewhere that PAL-NTSC is a tricky conversion even in a commercial environment.

I'm just curious where the extra frames come from/go to.

It worked alright...then again the source was of a 30 year old tv program that wasn't the greatest quality to begin with. Converting from PAL to NTSC is almost the same as 24fps film to NTSC. It basically uses a special pattern to sync the 50 PAL fields into the 60 NTSC fields. So that in each second of footage 10 of the PAL fields get duplicated.

Back