Oblivion 360 patch

It's been three months since I played Oblivion. Yesterday, I started it up again, and saw that a new patch was being applied. The initial load time was long (probably because of cache issues), but afterwards I noticed a nice improvement graphics-wise. First of all, the game actually seems to run smoother. I know it's been several months since I played, but I remembered the stuttering experience I used to had, especially in cities. Second, the exterior textures look cleaner. Everything looks a bit more tidy looks-wise in the. They're small changes, but they add up for me.

As you can imagine, there's a big brouhaha over 360 vs. PS3 version. I've seen a comparison video, and to be honest, I don't really see such a big difference. I like looking at the small things, but to be honest, both games look about same. The PS3 has some things better, the 360 has other things better. Anyone who's plunked tens of hours into the 360 or PC version shouldn't pick up the PS3 on a whim. I think that's stupid.

To sum, if you have a good PC, or have been playing the 360 version a while, stick with it. If you have a PS3 and don't own the game, get Oblivion for that system. You won't have all the expansion as the 360 version, but you'll get the most significant one, Knights of the Nine.

Sigh...SX is the only place I can find a level-headed discussion. Just check out the gamefaqs board.....

I've only actually played the PC version myself. Although I just wanted to comment on this since its a fairly common topic for multi-platform games.

Personally I've always seen it as a choose-your-poison type of decision. If a particular version floats your boat, good for you -- buy it any enjoy. I really don't see why some people think personal preference should be the preference of everyone else as well, and fodder for heated debate.

So yeah, I agree with you totally. Personally I would probably prefer to play on the PC for this type of game regardless, since I prefer long sit-down type games on the PC. For console I tend to gravitate towards games that can be picked up and put down on a moments notice.

I hadn't even noticed, but I haven't played oblivion in months, or most of the 360 games for that matter, with the exception of Gears of War. I got it for a late christmas present, beat it in about 2-3 days, and haven't really played the 360 since.

What turned me off of oblivion was that I started playing as a healer/acrobat class, and they are pretty weak, but I thought I could just level up and be able to take the gates of oblivion, but damned if the monsters don't level up when you do. So, I'm not sure if you're supposed to take the gates at lev 1 or what........

Back