Playstation 1 ISO

Just tomake things clear, I am NOT asking where to get ISOs. Now here's my question:

Anyone here know how to recontruction a playstation ISO?. Supposed I take the files from the game and want to remake the disc. How can I go about doing so?

I know how to do this for Saturn games using mkisofs. Anyone know a similar method for playstation games?

I used to be able to do this before but now it seems I'm missing something.

do you want to burn it if so just use like nero or any other burning program or just use an emulator on your computer and it'll read the iso

No, no. I want to create an iso from scratch, not burn one. I want to take the files from a game disc and make an ISO out of that.

again just use nero or alcohol 120% or dvdcrypt(i think it works with cds) and just copy the cd to iso i mean it's easy they have an option to copy disc to image and then just select iso. i've done it with playstation games and i know they work if you just use one of the normal burning programs to create an image.

There are a psx image building tools, but it may work with just building the iso as mode 2/XA, as psx don't need a specific boot sector in iso.

Originally posted by joe81@Wed, 2005-09-14 @ 07:54 PM

again just use nero or alcohol 120% or dvdcrypt(i think it works with cds) and just copy the cd to iso i mean it's easy they have an option to copy disc to image and then just select iso. i've done it with playstation games and i know they work if you just use one of the normal burning programs to create an image.

[post=139631]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay I'll try that.

KuKzz, what tool are you reffering to? You say a playstation iso doesn't need a boot sector, so can I take the files from a game and not need to insert anything doing with the region?

Are there any sites that explain how to reconstruct an iso? I want to translate a few thing in english in some games (Rockman Complete Works 1-6).

Apparently you needs to use building tool:

If you are using an image that isnt a copy of another psx cd, eg it is a 'homemade' psx cd, you MUST license it in order for it to be playable. this doesnt defeat copy protection in any way, it just adds some stuff to the cd that the psx bios expects to be there.

There are some tools to do this at paradox homepage:

http://dev.paradogs.com/tools.html

Awesome :D

Do you know where I can get a list of the commands for buildcd? The readme file does not help and the site is no longer available.

It just states that it can make an iso, but what are the commands?

Thanks.

Back