Post Your Saturn Mod Chip Finds

racketboy

Established Member
I've noticed a few people in the past month looking for Saturn mod chips.

If you know of a place that sells them, please post the following:

Name of the store/person

How much it costs (shipping included)

Website address or email

If you know if the store/person is reliable, let us know

If you are personally selling some, please post here as well.

This may also be a good thread to sticky

Too bad GameGizmo had to shut down their business.
sad.gif
It's where I got my first Saturn mod chip/board, and they were probably the best option for anybody in the US looking for a 21-pin Saturn mod board.

Oh well, there's always Lan-Kwei.
sarcasm.gif

Lan-Kwei

US$ 9.00 / EUR$ 10.30

http://www.lan-kwei.com/saturnE/

Originally posted by ratfish@Jul 18, 2003 @ 03:11 AM

Oh well, there's always Lan-Kwei.
sarcasm.gif

Lan-Kwei

US$ 9.00 / EUR$ 10.30

http://www.lan-kwei.com/saturnE/

Is there anything wrong with Lan-Kwei? You seem to hint towards that, what do you have against it? I just noticed that they are selling multitaps for $5.00, way better than you can find on Ebay, and thats not too bad a price for a mod chip so I might actually order from them. Anything I should know before I do? Thanks.

Also, has anyone tried their 3rd party controllers they sell for $ 3.50? Its cheap and if I want to have 2 multitaps + 12 controllers it would fill the void easily.

---Ammut

Nope, nothing is wrong with Lan-Kwei. In fact, I know some one who ordered from them and said they were really good. It's just that they said it took a hell of a long time for them to process his order. They may have changed for the better since then, though.

You have to e-mail Lan-Kwei with a list of the items you want to buy, and the shipping method you want to pay for, and your address. Then they e-mail you back giving you the total price. Then you pay them. Then they process your order and ship it.

Hope that helps.

For anyone else who was hunting these (I found one from a private seller),

Both Lan-Kwei and Jandaman are currently out of stock.

I did find one other source for them (with current stock) at www.quasar-X.com, for 25 € . It looks like this site actually has quite a bit of stuff, too bad it's all in german.

-David

I should get new stock either later today ( wednesday 23rd or Thursday 24th )

DHL tracking shows my order arrived yesterday

I purchased a module to allow for quantity discount and will try to implement it sometime this week.

I don't think I've seen a cheaper seller so far for saturn mods but someone can feel free to prove me wrong :)

Xinga

The site's a bit slow, buit they still have Saturn mod-chips for sale. Mine arrived just a few days ago :)

They also have some pretty cheap KIKI pads :)

Originally posted by jandaman@Jul 19, 2003 @ 04:07 PM

www.jandaman.com

jandaman@jandaman.com

Price $14.95

US Shipping $2.50 , $3.50 Canada/Mexico, $6 international

hmm, does lan-kwei not have real time ordering???

I highly recommend jandaman for the modboard. I ordered one from him and it came very quickly. All the prices for his other merchandise is very low as well.

Originally posted by HeyFreak@Sep 11, 2003 @ 10:52 AM

Xinga

The site's a bit slow, buit they still have Saturn mod-chips for sale. Mine arrived just a few days ago :)

They also have some pretty cheap KIKI pads :)

What the...their prices are too low :lol:

Whats the catch? Mod chips for $4, and controllers for $1...lol

How are they overall? Is your mod alright, and how was delivery time and such?

---Ammut

Wow, they have 6 in 1 carts. :rolleyes:

I shouldn't be too harsh though - they have replacement PSUs. :thumbs-up:

So whats the deal with Xinga? How can they sell for so cheap? Are their products (mainly the mod chip) inferior? Just think it's kind of weird that they can be so much cheaper than everyone else. <_<

Back