problem with a saturn with sanyo cd board

well , the other day bought a saturn with an analog controller, st key cart and a/v cable .........very cheap by the way.

so when i was cleaning(like mommy says, you never know where has been that before) my new saturn(new for me) i found it was a saturn with SANYO cd board........but thats not the problem, the problem is that my saturn doesnt work correctly. because(i think...) has an unsolder cable so the cd board dont have communication with the main board so i dont know what to do

my saturn do this

no boot up animation

-two large red spheres at the CD player screen

-no CD rotation

-displays "checking disc format"

now the cable i mention is a little one that go to the pc trap i put the cable that was unsolder but nothing happens.

so maybe if somebody can help me with this troubleshoot i0ll be very grateful.

mmm by the way does somebody have pics from a sanyo cd board to check if everything its ok???

well not at al.....only with my sega cd.........damn!

anyway.

c'mon guys, does anybody known something of how can i make it work

this saturn seems ok, but recently i dicovered that the cd board has another conecction in a side of the cd lens(not the front one that has a green conector) but i dont see any conector that goes there just the place for one

i double check the 21 pin ribbon and its fine.........so??

IIRC there should be a single wire that goes from the PC trap to the CD board. On my one it's soldered to the CD board rather than using a connector.

If I can find it I'll take a pic of the Sanyo CD board that I have lying around.

thanx mal

thats the cable i'll been talking about, the cable its not soldered, well at the begining, know it is

but i need a pic to see if something wrong with the SS

..........but honestly, if the saturn, turns on correctly, i mean its not burned, i think it has a chance to work again right???

Back