Problem with Pro Action Replay 5 in 1

I just got Marvel v. SF for christmas and when i start it up with my action replay, it goes to these japanese letterings and all i can underatand is the 4M... so i guess its tellin me i dont have a 4mb ram card. then i prss any butten and it takes me to the regular saturn sreen where i can play cds and says to remove the cartridge or something along that line. Neway it has the auto switch between 4m and 1m, and all my 1m jap imports run fine. This is my first 4m game, which should work cause my 5 in 1 should play these games. So i would be grateful if someon can tell me what i can do to fix this problem, or if i have to put in a code for it to work thanks.

PS ::i tried the code i saw someone post for panzer dragoon saga import, but all it did was go to the sega screen and freeze there:: :damn:

well i have searched for the answer to this topic.. the only 2 i have found so far was to mod it... which i dont want to do causei dont want to screw up my cart... and to try a code for panzer dragoon so that u dont get the same kind of error, which didnt work. So are there any other suggestions. The only other thing someone told me to do was to go to ncsx and buy one? Are they pre modded... casue then i will purcahse it. Thanks

Whethor you get a cart that needs to be modded or not is a toss up, of the 5 or 6 I've opened up, only 1 had the design changed so that it didn't need a mod. I can do the mod for $5 + shipping if you want, it's a fairly painless process.

well i have searched for the answer to this topic.. the only 2 i have found so far was to mod it... which i dont want to do causei dont want to screw up my cart...

It's obscenely easy.

The soldering is pitiful, the pins you have to connect stick out like 2cm...

and to try a code for panzer dragoon so that u dont get the same kind of error, which didnt work. So are there any other suggestions.

The error in Panzer Dragoon Saga is "Please remove cartridge", not "4MB expansion not found". PDS only lets you boot with a pure save cart in the slot, or nothing at all. There is a pair of two Action Replay codes, if I'm not mistaken, that skip the check though... search the forum, they're listed somewhere or another.

The only other thing someone told me to do was to go to ncsx and buy one? Are they pre modded... casue then i will purcahse it. Thanks

Seriously, the AR4M+ mod is sickeningly easy. Just try it.

My ProAr must be a later version, because the tracks on the PCB actually now mirror the end result of the mod.

Vampire Saviour works fine with my card.

My problem however is that Marvel vs Streetfighter DOeS'NT!! :damn:

Seriously glitchy, the background graphics don't display properly (if at all) and the sound suffers from terrible echoes & distortion.

All other 4MB games seem to work fine (MetalSlug, Astra Superstars etc).

Anyone else noticed this ?? Anyone got a fix ???

I have noticed RAM corruption when i use a 4meg cart for 1meg cart games. This causes the sprites to go all blocky in Metal Slug. It kinda reminds me of what happened when you put the debug code into sonic 1

Graphics corruption and sound timing problems with MSH vs. SF are usually because you're running it at the wrong frequency. It is known to have various seizures when run at 50Hz (i.e. on a PAL Saturn).

Ah.... 50Hz when its designed to run at 60 :huh

That makes sense....

Time to finally get round to doing the 50/60 mod on my machine :blush:

Thanks for the tip mate :cheers

Back