• Rise from your gwave!

Qwest DSL

Discussion in 'Dreamcast' started by Cloud121, Jan 1, 2002.

1. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

Ok... with @HOME going out of business, I'm getting Qwest DSL in a month or so. How would I be able to play DC games online? That is, without doing the weird PC setup crap as described here:

http://home.elp.rr.com/terlouw/DCWinMEServer.htm

Edit: Oh yeah, MSN is going to be the ISP.

(Edited by Cloud121 at 6:02 pm on Jan. 1, 2002)

2. FLEABttn

FLEABttn New Member

Why not just switch over to the new Cable Internet company that will replace @home? When @home left my area, we were automatically switched over to @attbi withing a few days.

3. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

you need to either do that weird stuff described at that page (which i never could get to work, i think i have one of the dc modems that just doesnt work.) or get a broadband adapter, which go for around $150, IF you can find one.

4. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

or just use it down a phoneline with a dialup isp

thats the least hassle

5. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

No... I'm talking the WHOLE @Home thing. Excite@Home. We all lose our Internet on February 28.

6. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member

you guys think that if I ask for a dial-up number when we get it installed, I can use that to sign in to SegaNet?

7. Cynnamin

Cynnamin New Member

Buy a router and a BBA.

Or else, BUY FUCKING DIALUP.

8. lancastoor

lancastoor New Member

ummm

i dont get yer question.. How did you have it hooked up under @home that you cant replicate with the DSL?

i thought @home was a broadband provider.. so why wouldnt you be in the same boat as before?

i guess if your that addicted to choppy laggy terrible gameplay you can pay the 5-10 bucks a month for a dialup provider (you dont need unlimited access unless you actually spend 24/7 online with the DC)

(edit: liksang sells BBA's at the usual liksang price)

(Edited by lancastoor at 12:34 pm on Jan. 2, 2002)

9. Cloud121

Cloud121 Member